Is their a slackening off / lack of zeal in the witnessing work that I am observing or is it just the area I`m living in

by smiddy 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

I see them 2 or 3 times a year in my neighborhood, but what I have noticed is that they really have no good replys to your questions that are outside of the norm. As soon as you raise one or two objections they politely excuse themselves and head on to the next possible victim.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

you can not argue truth,seeing how they don't have any,it's no wonder that the cult is dieing out!Their are no more lies to be told by these idiots!And that is why they can not answer simple questions now!

• steve2
    steve2

The early to mid-1970s were the heyday of the JWs. Nowadays, I seldom see them on the streets and when I do I notice smaller straggling groups of them and predominantly older women with a smattering of kids in toe and a man or two. Not a good-looking suited pioneer in sight. And an absence of younger ones who hug cafes the way toddlers hug blankets. '

We've lived at our current address for nigh on 8 years and they door-knocked at most twice in that time period. Riveting. Not.

I recall the 1970s when large groups of mainly young witnesses covered the territory several times a year. The energy, the zeal, the placements, the Bible Studies, the bulging kingdom halls, the rising number of baptismal candidates - all features of an increasingly distant decade. I always imagined the world would end with a hiss and a roar. Now, grown-up and wiser, I realise that the world will outlast the very last JW on earth. The Watchtower won't end with overt drama, but like an extended Watchtower study, will dribble and dwindle to a bored-out-of-its-skull end with a sudden mad rush to the carpark.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The average publisher hours per month in my congregration is........

6 hours.

Considering how much the average publisher "pads" his/her time slip (or just makes up the entire thing), it shows you how much enthusiasm there is (or isn't) in my area.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

The Mrs runs into a few JWs in service from time to time taking breaks at McDonalds. They look so out of place now in California, rumpled "prarie dresses, Polyester ties and badly fit coats in 90Deg + weather. They just hide out in the air conditioning with their plastic "Stoups" bags looking odd...like a far side cartoon.

I find a weathered "tract" one time per year under the mat in places we have lived. Only two times in the last ten years has a JW in "Field service" knocked on our door.

Real business people in our area wear "business casual", nice open shirt, slacks or nice black jeans etc.

• steve2
    steve2

Mormons beat the JWs hands down in terms of sheer physical attractiveness and bedability.

I have been known to seriously consider going through the Book of Mormon, one long page after another if the adult male Mormon turns up on my doorstep and is suitably attractive.

I did see a couple of Mormons in McCafe recently (name tags and polished dress were dead giveaways) but one was an older man whose nose never left the newspaper. I could not tell the color of his eyes, although I expectently willed for Baby Blue. His more attractive offsider did smile at me but politely - and nervously - declined my request that he get out his book of Mormon and turn over a new leaf with me.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the Witlesses have specifically been warned by their leaders that if a person ask too many hostile questions: --> they are to leave!

they have apostate phobia

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Well, given that this years’ DC theme is ‘SAFEGUARD YOUR HEART’ and given how many times the word ‘HEART’ appears in the different talks given is an indicator that maybe the JW rank and file’s HEART is no longer in the witnessing work or any other feature of their worship of the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit