Is their a slackening off / lack of zeal in the witnessing work that I am observing or is it just the area I`m living in

by smiddy 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The zeal is long gone. They are witnessing reluctantly because they are told by the GB that they have to in order to earn their salvation

• Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• yknot
    yknot

I am in FS right now.... (we just drove 25 miles to our break destination and we gonna goof until it is time to head home)

Here is what I can tell you about my territory...

Memorial = real knocking (especially if we have the 'good' time slot-- cuz we like to dazzle CO with turnout)..... if we got the so-so and sucky slot--we focus solely on those who have associated with congregation or Org.. Strict territorial lines are to be observed-but they get ignored in hopes of raising attendance.

DC = koolaid knocking, Elders want us to have high numbers/zeal .......(if you can get a worldly to accompany you to the DC you get some sort of bonus if you are Brother reaching out). We intermingle with other congregations during this campaign.....

Regular non-CO visiting FS=

Pioneers= 90% meandering/bs/shopping-errands/socially visiting with forever rv .....7% nobody home ....2% actually talked to householder or left a lil something-something and marked as a RV......1% 'real' informal witnessing (favored by Sisters who are 65+ during shopping/errands/standing in lines)

Weekend publishers= usually families, packs of teens led by Brother MS, older ones driven by Elder/Elderette, childless/empty-nest Elder/Ms and their wives doing social service (read long breaks and rural routes) or single mom sisters pairing up. The doors are actually more likely to be approached during the weekend accompanied by the faint or faked knock.

Most of the worldly who have taken a sincere interest are either because they liked a JW romantically, related to a JW, employment with a JW, had some other social dependence on a JW (but has little to no access to internet or isn't internet savvy) or the one time (yes only once in our congos 30+ years existance) because they were at a 'needy' point in their lives and as if by prayer a JW ended up on their door.

I think many Bro/Sis don't feel the the end is really nigh and nothing new is on the horizon.....when I spilled the beans about yet another year and no book release quite a few were 'discouraged'.....the brochures just don't feel 'meaty' enough.

Google, the economy and general disinterest among the poor in matters of faith (middle class and up mostly attend churches (minus RCC) here and make many feel unwelcomed in their popularity game or in our case expected dress-code) are killing the harvest.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome witnomore

Glad to have you aboard

smiddy

• harleybear
    harleybear

Yep many left gzeens on my door. counted me as a RV and placement. Elder stopped by not so much lately called it a sheperding call. it is all about the numbers.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I've lived in this neighborhood for almost 4 months now and I have yet to see one JW. Nobody with cheap suits walking around handing out comic books. There are tons of people walking around on Saturdays and even on the weekdays so you would think they would be all for street witnessing.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

That an interesting observation.I was talking to my mum,a recent exjw,and we bith think that maybe folks are getting tired if the "armageddon is just around the corner" spiel? I mean,im sorta tuning middle aged here,and I was a baby hearing this crap,and its still not here.Can any sane person really rationalize this?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Definitely a slackening in my area. I work from home at least 2 days a week and they have been to my house when I am home once in 6 years.

They have dropped pamphlets once in a while but never when I am home.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

yknot keep us posted. I saw some JW window cleaners today and they wouldnt even wave at me. what kind of witness is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit