Is their a slackening off / lack of zeal in the witnessing work that I am observing or is it just the area I`m living in

by smiddy 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since 2006, I have only seen the witlesses active in the territory one day. In October 2009, one morning, I saw a pair of them going to one door. I was riding my bicycle to the bank to deposit some toilet papers and saw them--of course, I sped up before they could see me. On the way back, the same witlesses were at another door about 200 meters past (I again sped up so they wouldn't notice me). Since then, nothing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When the Watchtower itself seems to be winding down, you could hardlt blame ordinary Witnesses for taking the hint and following their lead.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    When the Watchtower itself seems to be winding down, you could hardlt blame ordinary Witnesses for taking the hint and following their lead.

Maybe this is part of the underlying reason for the decline in Memorial numbers as well? After all, with 100 years approaching and absolutely no prophecy to have come about - plus closing many Bethel homes, and reducing the magazines and printed books - it would be easy to get the idea that the big horse race is coming to a close out of exhaustion rather than reaching the finish line. Ironic how different this seems than the frenzy before 1975 - but they dare not repeat that episode again!

• sir82
    sir82
    Ironic how different this seems than the frenzy before 1975 - but they dare not repeat that episode again!

It's probably driving some of the top dogs nuts.

The rank and file are slacking off. If they were to fix a date for Armageddon 5-10 years in the future, zeal would come screaming back; people would hurl themselves into the ministry.

But then when the end doesn't come, the subsequent letdown would just about kill the organization entirely.

The poor, unimaginative, non-creative, dull saps that they are, they just can't figure out a way to whip up enthusiasm in some way different than has been done a half dozen times over the past century.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

Seems like they have run out of lies to tell?No,they need to tell lots more,to back up all of the ones that they told for 130 years,,,,,and folks that's a lot of lieing left to do!The trouble with the titanic/witchytower ship is sinking fast,,,,hehehe lol,,,,so it will be very exciting to see what nonsense they will come up with to try to stop the ship from sinking,but we all know what the fate of the titanic was,the same as theirs! Telephone witnessing?Internet books and mags.?Donations down?Slacking off of the Lords work?Amt machines close by?Lost understanding of the King of the North?Lost understanding of the cry of Peace and Security?Lost understanding of their famous 1914 generation?Lost understanding of the 8th king,the image of the Wild Beast?Telling members to forget everything that they learned in the past,just look into the unknown future?Don't worry rf,we will guide you to fountains of waters of life?Hehehe,,, lol...!Last but not least,,,,,mounting law suits around the world,ranging from taxes,to pedophiles,to other abuses?And simplifying their books and mags down to 5th grade intelligence levels?Well,good luck with that?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

smiddy:

No, it is not your imagination. JWs are not seen around as much nowadays. They are mostly out when there is tract work.

Because of the economy, I think many of these women had to get a job to help out in their households.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I was talking to a still-in JW who was assigned to give a recent SM part on "Making the Best Use of Your Time in the Ministry" (or something like that).

This guy CAN'T STAND Field Service and has been fairly vocal about it over the years. So vocal, in fact, that I can't believe he's (1) still a servant and (2) irony of ironies, was actually assigned to handle this part.

Well, he swallowed the pill and did the part, but he said he soft-pedaled it big time. (Hee hee). In fact, towards the end of the part he threw in his own $.02 and said something like: "Now, brothers and sisters, as we think about these various SUGGESTIONS on how we might use our time more wisely, we should only be looking at ourselves. We should NOT try to impose any of these ideas on our fellow brothers and sisters."

From how he describes his "ministry", he starts his time when he leaves his own house for the meeting for FS and stops it when he gets back home. 3 hours counted, maybe 3 doors actually knocked on.

om

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Smiddy, you are the exception in that you were at home.

JWs are getting tired of knocking on doors where no one is at home. They know time is better spent at Starbucks -- at least they are not burning gas up for no reason -- and same results -- nothing. They are just putting in token service, inflating the time on the Field Service Report, and trudging through life awaiting the BIG A to bail them out of their misery.

Doc

• wasblind
    wasblind

HeY Smiddy do you have a doorbell ?? I have a really loud one, they don't use it

the only way I know they stopped by is because of the tracts they may leave

My vehicles are in the yard, they know I'm home . Hardly left mags anymore

They have now resorted to " hit and RUNS " more like " Hit , Miss and RUN "

Now is that anyway to warn me about impending destruction ?????

Thank God the Japanese had other ways of bein' warned , left to the Witnesses

the casualties would've been higher

• Hermano
    Hermano

The leadership has claimed Armagedon is imminent too many times. Many witnesses know it's just a scare tactic to get them to do MORE! MORE! MORE! They're not buying it anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit