Is their a slackening off / lack of zeal in the witnessing work that I am observing or is it just the area I`m living in

by smiddy 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• witnomore
  • witnomore
  • witnomore
    witnomore

I guess this site doesn't like Internet Explorer

mmm, let's try again.

Hello! I am new here . . .

We've lived in our neighborhood for over 10 years now and have only recently seen JWs on our street, and they didn't even bother coming to our house even though we were outside! Before that about 5 years ago was a Watchtower left. I guess every 5 years is going to be the norm. We live in the DC Metro area only 5 miles from a KH so I am amazed by this.

As a teenager, I would get migranes just at the thought of going out in field service and would do everything I could (aka pretend to knock, knock extra softly) to keep the householder from coming to the door, LOL.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The lack of zeal comes from not bein' able to successfully defend the WTS crap

From my experience, not even the smartest Witnesses in the cong I used to attend

can explain the overlappin generation successfully after showin' the Reasonin' book

they've had two years scince it's been introduced

they always say they'll get back to me when their explaination fails. why do their " Overlap " fail ?????

Because all through the Reasoning book it points to the " ONE " generation that was " ALIVE " at the start of the

fulfillment

Newlight don't work because that exposes them as bonified false prophets for teachin' somethin' they said was based on

a fact clearly pinpointed in the bible on page 93 under the main headin' of DATES.

Under the heading of "FALSE PROPHETS " the WTS asks

" Have not Jehovah's Witnesses made errors in their teachings ??? "

and then explain

" but they have not made the mistake of losing faith or ceasing to be watchful."______Reasoning book page 136

Question: Where does the bible excuse misplaced faith to me it is better to have no faith , than misplaced

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The zealous ones around here have buggered off to other countries. Hardly ever see a Dub in my street and when I do they don't even call in for a coffee.

I've had hardly any 'casual' contact with Dubs since the overlapping debacle. Coincidence???

• clarity
    clarity

Never see them going d2d, but have seen a few (can't miss the LOOK) on a coffee break or

shopping after a meeting (again, just can't miss the look!)

>

Witnomore nice to see you, welcome aboard.

Please do a thread and tell us more of your story.....if Ive missed it ..sorry.

clarity

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Clarity **

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

They only come around here every 18 months it seems.

Loz x

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

They do not preach with zeal what they do not really believe. Few actually believe the end is NEAR so why bust thier ass telling others. No "sense of urgency" no effort preaching. Its a religion bent on saving one's butt, not from sin but from big bad Jehoober who will soon rot eyes out of people who don't tow the line.

• clarity
    clarity

Wasblind ..... hello there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit