How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

This is a painful car crash. So ultimately Tec you just don't know. You admit that you don't know the meaning of phrases central to your discussion. You trot out memes such as fire destroying people then dial it back saying you don't have a revelation to explain what that means exactly.

Christianity has been around for 2000+ years and still ,apparently, every xian has to stumble along utterly clueless about every single phrase in every single book of the bible having to deal with Semitic metaphor and literary styles while trying to extract basic truth from these statements but only on the end of a very tenuous personal phone line. Now of course somewhere , in the vast cornucopia of seeking Xians, there is an authentic correct dogma but no xian dare trust another xian ( unless a temporary truce is being called on an Internet forum or you've had a BBQ together ) and so when one xian describes a metaphor/ literal description all other Xians have to go and pray for revelation to see if they agree. Now when they all get different answers it all comes down to both sides merely claiming they aren't really asking the right person in the right way or with the right kind of faith.

Then they have the audacity to make statements in the form of absolutes. This is based upon their personal, subjective experience, which they deny is generated by their brain ( despite overwhelming evidence of the brains capacity to generate information to match expectation.) Then they play the ultimate doublespeak and claim that it isn't them, everything they say ( be it bilious, stupid, condescending , accusatory or disgustingly immoral) is from their personal divine guide, they aren't responsible for it, hell , as Tec shows, they don't even know what it means half the time but ultimately they show that beneath it all they truly are divinely embraced by love because they put little rose emoticons at the end.

Deep down we are genetically the same stuff, psychologically we have the same potential and all that separates any of us from a suicide bomber, an Aztec priest ripping someone's heart out, a mob baying for someone to get stoned or an inquisitional thumb screw operator is our birthplace, our culture and the lack of opportunity. When a believer is in the minority they are humble, downtrodden and persecuted, when they reach a sufficient size they become accusatory, bold , demanding of rights and social privileges and litigious and when they get to be a ruling majority they cast away any pretence of gentleness and kill and torture , censor opposing thought and rule by fear. All religions, all faiths, all people.

There was a Tec and a Qcmbr burning heretics at the stake a few hundred years ago.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I do not know how literal/symbolic the 'fire' coming down out of heaven is.

Sounds like the fall-out from a distant volcano to me, having watched a fascinating programme last night on volcanoes around the world.

Could it not be that much of Revelations is in fact a graphic illustration of potential physical catastrophe?

Do you seriously believe in this literal thousand years?

• cantleave
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Love it cantleave.......I'm going to give you a flower......LOL *don't tell Q*

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I don't know what these symbols mean I just felt I needed to put them there. :)

Cantleave - Dawkins - I really like his way of thinking.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm seriously starting to agree with Dawkins that religious faith is a form of mental illness.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Still thinking, I don't know what you want from me? I answered your questions but you seem to be looking for something that isn't there... All I can gather from your post's is that you want to know if God is going to ''burn you up''... Why should that worry you, you don't believe in God. Seriously I wish I hadn't got involved in this post... It's hard to explain things over a forum, it's much easier face to face, but that isn't possible... I don't struggle with being questioned about my faith and when has my behaviour been ridiculous? The part about being obnoxious was directed at EP, but if you want to take offense at it, go ahead. I'm going to have to leave it here as i'm moving in five days and I have so much to do I don't know my head from my arse!

Myelaine I not even going there with you! You seem to have forgotten the emails you sent me, the stalking on post's here and the emails you sent another member. Short memory I believe! Oh and when I read out what you had posted a page or so page his jaw dropped... You forget other people read what you post!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The part about being obnoxious was directed at EP, but if you want to take offense at it, go ahead.

Yes, asking questions is obnoxious. Remember that, doubters, and take heed!

• tec
    tec

so none of this is in the present?

Armageddon is not in the present.

Satan is not misleading anyone now?

Of course he is. He has been misleading from the start of man.

How are they attacking those invited into the kingdom?

Details, you mean? I don't know. By seeking to destroy them though. Devour/consume/destroy... however that gets done.

Who are the 'they' you rerfer to?

'They' are those who do this. Those who listen to Satan and seek to destroy those who are within the kingdom. If you are looking for names or something from me, you will not find them.

Do you believe I am being mislead by Satan?

I think you have bought into the lies that he and man has perpetuated about Christ and God. I think this might be temporary as you might still be on a journey, but are staunch about your certainty. But it is a big change from believer to agnostic to the staunch atheist who is certain about all the other things similar atheists on this board are certain about. I think most of that is reaction, but what I think does not matter, and I am confident that you have the ability to sort it all out.

As to anything else... that would be a question for you would have to ask yourself, and perhaps God or Christ if you can... but not me.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

You admit that you don't know the meaning of phrases central to your discussion.

I know that it means destroy... do I know all the details surrounding that? No.

Cantleave... I see why some of you like that statement. But i do not have faith because of my desire for an afterlife. I have faith in Him because I cannot deny Him, and because I love Him, and because He is true. A reward does not enter into the equation of why I follow Him, and certainly not why I have faith in Him.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit