Greetings! My first post

by BU2B 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome BU2B. Keep being patient with your wife, it takes time.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Welcome BU2B !!!!

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I'm in a very parallel situation. I recently awoke and my wife is still in although she is extremely depressed, drinking heavily, and dealing with a very manipulative JW mother. Please PM if you wanna talk, say hi, or otherwise cry on my shoulder. :) Fortunately for me we never had kids and I aim to keep it that way.

• bobld
    bobld

Sorry I don't know what to say.I do know you can never knock the WBTS/GB/FDS to a hard core JW.Because,

it just puts up a higher,bigger wall around them.No amount of logically reasoning or past WT mistakes will move them.

• Cacky
    Cacky

You can always explain to your wife that you just aren't comfortable going to meetings anymore, remove yourself from being a servant, stop meetings and service, but don't talk anymore (at least until you feel it is safe) about what you have discovered. You have a right to make decisions about how your child is raised, so you can demand things there, as well. Just keep researching, take your time with it, but if meetings, etc. are just unbearable, then you'll have to make a desicion about that. I hope things go well. That said, many of us have not had an easy time since leaving, but I think everyone who has left says even though it's been difficult, with the shunning thing, it's still been worth it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome BU2B. Sorry about the situation that you are in. As you are doing, take it slow with your wife. It is tough for someone, out of nowhere, to suddenly comprehend their religion could be wrong. Now she is aware of those doubts, and they are festering in the back of her mind, something may suddenly happen that gets through to her.

Regarding the idea that no one is perfect, discuss how that applies to all religions. How about Christadelphians that teach almost the same. How can she be sure that they are not the truth then, even if they have a couple of things wrong. If she was born into that religion, with her reasoning, would there have been any chance that she would have ever left and become a JW? It always concerned me growing up that I was only a JW because of my birth into it.

The other thing that always concerned me, was that the God the Watchtower describes would kill all non-JWs at Armageddon. Ask her how she feels about all those people that never saw a JW dying for not following something they never knew about.

There is no magic formula, or argument, and she can dismiss anything you say with a thought stopping comment, but some of these things will stick.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

Hello there, and welcome!

I'm also a young MS, except I'm not married, and still live at home with my parents. You should know right now that there is no honorable way to leave the WT/JWs. I'm just as trapped as you are, and I have no idea what my next move will be.

And Black Sheep - you've got this down to a science! That's definitely a post I'll be rereading.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, BU2B.

I want to point you towards the poster Open Mind... he patiently and methodically eased his new knowledge towards his wife... to great success. He posted a thread about it, with tips. I will post it when I find it... all the best to you and yours.

Love,
    Baba.

edited to add: Hooray! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183916/1/For-Active-JW-Men-Ideas-on-Awakening-Your-JW-Spouse-Long-post

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

hi BU2B

that song says it all.

I like to approach the pre cult personality too and am often amazed at what witnesses spontaneously say when they speak from the heart. However I do tend to believe that if a person is happy to be a witness let them be to work it out in their own time. Meanwhile take the time to address your own losses. BUt it is a very tricky situation and full of lonlinesses and isolation.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

velcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit