Greetings! My first post

by BU2B 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • harleybear
    harleybear

BU2B Welcome aboard. You as I am sure have already found that this site is full of honest, good, thinking folks that get it!!!! As a born in 5th generation JW finding this place was a blessing. To be able to chat with like minded people , to get outstanding advise, and have some really good laughs has made the leaving so much easier. Like so many out there having a spouse that is still "in the box" is tough. I thank God am married to a non-JW who even though not ever being "IN" really sees the whole picture. Don't push things with her. Give her time and most of all be loving and supportive (as much as you can) with her decision to hang in with the ORG. I have a very dear friend (who is now out) that was in the same spot as your wife. Her hubby just gave her the time and space to make up her own mind and eventually she did leave. The one thing she has said over and over is how grateful she was to her husband that he allowed her to make her journey at her own time. Your wife is a smart gal (afterall she married you) She will come around. Love and Light Harley Bear Ridin Free Zoooooooom

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome BU2B!

It is not possible for your wife to continue following the gospel, even in the Watchtower publications, and remain captive to religion.

Religion and the gospel are opposites and enemies.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hi BU2B,

Welcome to the forum.

I can completely relate to your situation.

I went through quite an interesting process after I had my awakening while serving as a very active elder, surrounded by friends and family who were all IN - hook, line and sinker.

It all ended incredibly well for myself, most of my family, and many of my friends. You need patience, and a plan.

PM me anytime and I can discuss my situation in more detail, and also offer some advice if you can fill me in on more details regarding your own situation.

There are many fantastic people who frequent this forum or check in from time to time - so never feel you are alone.... there is lots of help and support for you.

Best of luck to you on your journey out, and your growing awareness of reality.

The Oracle

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Congratulations on working it out.

I was in your situation three years ago, married and with a child. A big motivation for me leaving the marriage was that I did not want my child raised in a way that he would not experience all that life had to offer. I simply did not want him raised the way I was, I wanted him out of the circle of brainwashing.

On that basis I left the marriage (I was married from age 18 to 35) and never looked back, and that would be my personal recommendation every time.

x

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Listen to me mate....fake some cronic fatigue and slowly slow down your ministry until 6 months later quiting m.servant duties by request during c.o visit. Feed your wife critical stuff like a bird...small pieces and fake your faithfulness to the slave. in 2 or 3 years she will be a new woman...you will be free and no divorce needed.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Worked like a charm for me...p.s chronic fatigue is a common witness sickness which allows you to leave while getting pats on the back from elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit