Greetings! My first post

by BU2B 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• BU2B
    BU2B

Hello all at JWN! I have been a lurker here the last few months and have been going through the process of researching both sides of the story of Jehovahs witnesses. I was raised in the Borg, got married and now have a young child.. My wife is very much dedicated to the organization and will justify anything the "slave" does putting it off on the borgs imperfection. She could tell something was bothering me and she really pushed me to tell her what, so I told her about the UN scandal, and showed her the documents, showed the flip flops on organ transplants, Mexico vs Malawi situation, and tried telling her flip flops blow the whole light getting brighter theory out of the water because light shouldnt flicker or reverse course, its like being tossed about with no direction. She took it pretty well all in all but just said that everyone will be held accountable in the end and she just wants to do whatever she has to do to make it out of this system and Jehovahs servants made mistakes in the past.. However I cannot give up and realize that this was not an overnight process for me and realize this will take time. She says I need to study more to build faith, but the funny part is I have been studying more now than ever in my life! That is studying the facts, and what the bible really has to say. Her version of study really means indoctrination and mind control reinforcement.. She really studys the publications alot at work which is why I believe she will be harder than some to get across to. When I tried to discuss further doubts, she threatened to call my Dad who is an elder so he can "help" me. So after that I have been laying low so to speak. I am unfortunately currently a MS and looking for a way out other than DAing. My parents are both hardcore dubs, dont want to lose them but dont know how much more hypocricy I can live with, plus I DO NOT want my kid growing up in this controlling damaging group like I did. I love my wife very much and she really does her best to be a great wife and mother so this wont be pleasant.. Just wish I could have researched this b4 I got married, that would make my exit much, much more simple. The meetings I can barely tolerate but service is the worst, so I work alone when I can and just stand at the door and keep walking. How can I try to convince people of something I know to be FALSE! The definition of hypocricy. I was most shocked when I was on jwfacts and found how there is NO BIBLICAL evidence to support a paradise earth and no mention of a great crowd of other sheep, all manipulated and made up! To think I spent my life looking forward to living on earth and it being all falRse hope, well Im glad I found out TTATT at a young age.

Thank you all for your posts here and to Paul Grundy over at jwfacts.com you have been instrumental in opening my mind and seeing past WT propaganda.

As for my name BU2B it is short for Brought up to Believe which is a new rush song I enjoy, give it a listen if you have time, im sure most of us here can relate to it. Anyways look forward to posting here now and getting to know you all!

• clarity
    clarity

Hi BU2B ................welcome to jwn ... you are in good company ...

there are so many new xjw's in your circumstance and age(?) who have

joined in the last few months! bravo

Glad that you will not waste your whole life on a treadmill chasing the carrot

they hold out to you ........ no matter how fast you run, you'll never catch it!!!!!!!!!!!

hang in and keep digging...

clarity

• baltar447
    baltar447

I feel really sad for all the young men in your situation. I'm just really glad my wife and I left together. Seems thats the exception and not the rule these days... Hang in there.

• sf
    sf

Rush's song BU2B (Brought Up to Believe)- Single version from their upcoming 2011 album Clockwork Angels
    Release date: June 1, 2010

Lyrics:
    I was brought up to believe
    The universe has a plan
    We are only human
    It's not ours to understand

The universe has a plan
    All is for the best
    Some will be rewarded
    And the devil take the rest

All is for the best
    Believe in what we're told
    Blind men in the market
    Buying what we're sold
    Believe in what we're told
    Until our final breath
    While our loving Watchmaker
    Loves us all to death

In a world of cut and thrust
    I was always taught to trust
    In a world where all must fail
    Heaven's justice will prevail

The joy and pain that we receive
    Each comes with its own cost
    The price of what we're winning
    Is the same as what we've lost

Until our final breath
    The joy and pain that we receive
    Must be what we deserve
    I was brought up to believe

Notice the word Watchmaker.

====================

Another masterpiece from RUSH that encapsulates THAT life is SUBDIVISIONS:

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
    In geometric order
    An insulated border
    In between the bright lights
    And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
    Opinions all provided
    The future pre-decided
    Detached and subdivided
    In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions --
    In the high school halls
    In the shopping malls
    Conform or be cast out
    Subdivisions --
    In the basement bars
    In the backs of cars
    Be cool or be cast out
    Any escape might help to smooth
    The unattractive truth
    But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
    The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
    The timeless old attraction
    Cruising for the action
    Lit up like a firefly
    Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
    Or lose the race to rats
    Get caught in ticking traps
    And start to dream of somewhere
    To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights...

Welcome to the forum. A RUSH fan is always a good thing to encounter along lifes road.

sKally

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum, there's lots of support here for you.

Loz x

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Regarding your wife, one thing that works for some is to see old WT publications like Russell's writings about how the measurements of the Great Pyramid verify his chronology (long since changed by the WTS), The Finished Mystery (Michael is the Pope, leviathan is the locomotive, etc.), Rutherford's "proof" in Millions Now Living Will Never Die that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be resurrected in 1925.

It's one thing to hear that they taught such things.

It has a lot more impact to read the original for oneself.

Don't try to force it on your wife or insist that she read it, though.

Get the books, read them for yourself, leave them on the table, and say nothing.

If she asks what you are doing, just say you are reading famous WT publications.

If she asks why you are reading old light, just say you want to know what the WTS was teaching when Jesus examined them in 1918 and proclaimed the organization to be the faithful and discreet slave.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Welcome to the forum.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

So sorry you are in this situation.

Please be patient. It sounds like you have the ideal JW wife that so many strive for!

Just take some family time...go to some interesting places. When you discuss things, ask questions, like, "A person at the door asked me about the 'overlapping generation' and I'm not able to explain it. Can we look at the WT CD and get an explanation?" The WT, of course, has changed the generation view many times in the past few years. That's just one example, you may be able to think of a better one. How about education for your child? What is your wife's goal in that regard?

Don't let them take your family. You must tread carefully.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!!

Smart man for learning early. Keep digging. Keep the wife happy with family outings away from the Borg. You may need to consider switching halls, and taking a "little extra time" away from being a MS to spend more family time.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I can understand your wifes viewpoint that yes, there are things wrong with the borg, but where else can one go and Jehovah will sort it out in the end.

However,

The thing I really am concerned about, and that might help your wife out, I consider to be very Spiritually dangerous, namely, the rejection by the "great crowd" of the Emblems of the New Covernant.

The society like to use Luke 22 to enfer that the Bread and the Wine, the New Covernant, is for Jesus Disciples to rule as Kings with him so that only they should take it, however, verse 20 says his blood is poured out for many, and it is 9 verses later, and after talking about a differant subject, that Jesus talks about ruling as Kings.

Matthew 26 and Mark 14 dont even mention the ruling as Kings bit, Jesus blood is poured out for many, for forgiveness of sins, that is the New Covernant.

If you want your sins forgiven, you have to drink Jesus blood.

This is most pointed out in John chapter 6 where Jesus says you will only get life if you eat his flesh and drink his blood, he likens it to the Manna which even the mixed company had to eat in order to survive, not just the Levite Priests.

So maybe if you can show your wife from the Bible that the Org is getting your Wife to actually reject the means for gaining Everlasting life, this might make her think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit