Update on Alan Feuerbacher's heart attack that he had last Sunday

by AndersonsInfo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Alan'swife, Julie, talked to the cardiologist this morning. The news about Alan's heart is good. He described the heart attack as mild and said that although there is damage to the lower portion of his heart, the pumping action probably won't be affected much. If it weren't for the diabetes, Alan would be going home today. He and Julie just took a pretty vigorous walk around the floor, and Alan felt great.

So now the challenge is to work on the diabetes which Alan didn't know he had. His fasting blood sugar at 6:30 this morning was better but is still too high. The diabetes people are going to come talk to him today.

So, basically, it's good news. In a way Julie said this was a wake up call for Alan to change his diet, etc. He needed a jolt, and he got one.

His phone number at the hospital in New Hampshire is ***-****; if anyone wants to call him Julie said it would be fine.

Barbara

phone number removed (see Posting Guidelines #9): I know his wife said phone calls would be ok but it might be better to find others ways to pass along good wishes -- Lee

• sir82
    sir82

Glad he's feeling better.

Just a suggestion: This is a public board, and who knows who can read the phone number posted above.

I wouldn't put it past some JWs to harrass a "well known prominent apostate", which is probably the last thing a cardiac patient needs.

Maybe delete the number from the post above and offer to give the number to whoever wants it via PM?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Barbara, I am so pleased to hear he is doing well.

Newer members here may not know that Alan is the great poster of the past "Alan F" , his writing, reasoning and huge input to this and previous sites is legendary, and still so much appreciated by me, and those like me, who take the time to look back at old posts.

Please convey our best wishes, and our eternal thanks for all he has done.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

My husband just sent me a rebuttal Alan wrote in regard to the Knocking video. Very well-written and informative! Get well soon, Alan!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks for letting us know. I do not know him but have heard great things about him. Hope he get better soon.

LITS

• Diest
    Diest

I only know Alan by reading his archived posts, but I really like him. I send my best thoughts.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Great news.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good to hear that Barb.... Yep I have Diabetis.its a bummer, cant eat what you want to...
    Glad he is getting better. Thanks for keeping us upto date on "OUR" family, I should call you"angel of light "

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Alan was the first person to reach out to me through phone call when I first came to the board.

He helped me tremendously with his kind words, questions and reassurance in those first months

of my exit. I was feeling so free and feeling guilty for it and scared.

New people should take the time to read over his posts here. AlanF is his name.

Get Well Soon, Alan.

purps

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Get well soon Alan. Glad to hear the good news and the have-to-change-my-diet news. I guess that is the hard way to find out you have some other health issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit