What happened to politeness?

by Seeker 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Valentine
    Valentine

edited .taking the advice of several very wise friends in email,who know its a waste of time dealing with this fool and stalker.I have nothing to prove. T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Please just call a truce guys...you don't have to win or lose or say sorry or be right or be wrong....just stop. You are hurting yourselves over and over again.

• Valentine
    Valentine

Hi gd,
    I should have continued to ignore him.But he has an inability to let it go.His constant hounding which has become stalking must cease. Im willing to ignore him and never post to him,now will he act like an adult and do likewise? I just wanted to respond to you as you are correct.I wont be re-visiting this thread . And Im not out to 'win' that is childish. As you've noticed I pretty well let him rant on and on,but it needs to stop now.

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• larc
    larc

Tina,

It is so much fun watching you unravel. You made my day. Yes, Tina the professional who gives me the clinical diagnosis of shithead, well done oh sweet one. I especially liked your "another fuck for the road." Very picturesce. I also thought that "poor pathetic fuck" was quite nice. Well, I know this is not a clinical-psychological term, but you are a low life garbage mouth.

As far as my knowledge versus yours, ain't it peculiar that you don't have any, knowledge that is.

Today's, affirmation.

The complete lack of evidence means it is Tina's post.

• teejay
    teejay

ROFL! This thread is going to go down in my mind as true irony...

No doubt, Seeker. No doubt!

I thought of the following when I first read your post that began this thread but didn't want to bring it up, but seeing how low this thread has gone, what I've got to say will be tame by comparison, so here goes...

I don't think you're an asshole, and even if I did, I wouldn't call you one. I personally try to stay above personal attacks since it weakens what is usually my deeply profound and thorough arguments. *ahem... cough... gag*

So, Tally was wrong for responding to you the way he did, imo...

... but ...

You were wrong for being... uh... a bit petty in taking him to task for saying that Bethel was/was not within 1/2 mile from... yadda yadda and so on and so forth. Imo, you strained the gnat and gulped the camel... or is it the other way around? Whatever... you missed his MAIN point and chose to comment on the trivial – his main point being that late last year, following 9-11, a report of a missing nuclear device landing in NYC was taken very seriously by low profile but powerful U.S. government agencies.

As I already commented, few people nowadays can or will easily write off such a report as preposterous, and if something like that DID actually happen, the resulting panic and psychological damage to all of us would be horrendous. Focusing on the mileage in the report like you did was, imo, extremely irrelevant. Apparently Tally felt the same... therefore, his response - not to mention a very good rebutal beyond the insult.

He was wrong for calling you what he did, but you were wrong for saying what you said. That's the way I see it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Never does the human soul appear so strong and noble as when it forgoes revenge, and dares to forgive an injury. - Chapin

Truce folks? All of you are such decent and kind people at heart, surely this sort of blood-letting is not neccessary.

Kindest regards to all - HS

• Seeker
    Seeker
    You were wrong for being... uh... a bit petty in taking him to task for saying that Bethel was/was not within 1/2 mile from... yadda yadda and so on and so forth. Imo, you strained the gnat and gulped the camel... or is it the other way around? Whatever... you missed his MAIN point and chose to comment on the trivial – his main point being that late last year, following 9-11, a report of a missing nuclear device landing in NYC was taken very seriously by low profile but powerful U.S. government agencies.

Hmmm...I certainly wasn't intending to trivialize the threat, or to strain the gnat, though I can understand why it may have seemed that was my intent. I felt an important point needed to be made because You Know has constantly, and for years, tried to scare people with the "backpack nuclear" threat. What Tallyman's source pointed out, and I was trying to highlight, is that it would only flatten a 1/2-mile diameter. That's awful, to be sure, but most people are probably not aware of the dimensions of Manhattan. So to counter the fear-mongering that You Know promotes, I took the opportunity to highlight that material, and demonstrate just how limited the damage would be. Since Tallyman mentioned Brooklyn Bethel, I used his example to show how limited the blast would be. It wouldn't even knock Bethel over even though it is just across the river from downtown Manhattan.

I suppose I should have first acknowledged Tallyman's point before engaging in my own point to counter You Know's exaggeration. But I should have realized that Tallyman's hatred of Brooklyn Bethel wouldn't like it if I didn't agree with him about Bethel being blown to smithereens. Since I disagreed with that point, I used my knowledge of the geography to set the matter straight. Was I being picky if my target had been Tallyman? Sure. But my actual target really was You Know, which is why I only named You Know in my post.

I strive for accuracy here. I think it's important. I think it's wrong of You Know to imply NYC would be devasted by a backpack nuke. NYC managed when the WTC came down, and we would cope if a nuke went off. As awful as either event is/would be, it would not bring the city crumbling down, no matter how much You Know tries to pretend otherwise. I think it's important, not petty, to counter his fear-mongering.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

julie.

I don't think anyone else here is interested in the flame war you are repeatedly trying to start in this thread

He didnt, get your facts right. The other person started it.

he shares that inhumanity w/pricka larc and ma.

There is the opening attack by the other person, just in case your confused.

No wonder I don't hang out here anymore

What you doin here then? Get an email for assistance or what?
    Julie, are you a mental health professional as well?
    If you are, it concerns me that you are working with peoples brains but cannot even see the obvious errors in your own statements..
    LARC.

The complete lack of evidence

Right on man.Any one with even half a brain can see the truth of the situation.

• teejay
    teejay

Interesting response, Seeker.

First, I don't think I need to say it but I will anyway. You are one of the few at the tippity top of my favorite posters here. That wasn't always the case—only because of MY issues—but it's the case now. You have a lot of integrity, as far as I can tell, and you and I often see things exactly the same way so that means you're right quite often. [8>]

That being said, do you realize how many times you've mentioned You Know while addressing Tally? In your initial response to Tally on the other thread... the first sentence of the second paragraph was: It's easy to see the "1/2 mile radius" figure and think like You Know that it would flatten NYC.

I thought that was strange. So is the fact that in your latest response you mention You Know several times. I started to count the exact number of times you did so and state it here but I don't care enough to be that specific. My point is, you were addressing Tally's post but You Know was apparently on your mind. Not only was that odd (considering the Seeker whose posts I've come to look for) but that it was a bit unfair, too. You Know exaggerates, pontificates, etc. That doesn't mean others do. It doesn't mean Tally was... or does.

I thought Tally's post was worthy of better response from you, that's all. Your last response doesn't help your position, imo.

A side point: From what I've come to see, Tally has a terrible hatred for Brooklyn Bethel/the Org/the WTS. Understandable, even without knowing the specifics. He, like a lot of us, would like to see the place (and more so the damaging "truth" it represents) to disappear, by whatever means.

So what if the bomb the Nuclear Emergency Search Team looked for didn't destroy Bethel itself??? You said above that, "Since Tallyman mentioned Brooklyn Bethel, I used his example to show how limited the blast would be. It wouldn't even knock Bethel over even though it is just across the river from downtown Manhattan."

Limited blast? Big, Friggin' Deal that only a whiff of wind might touch those golden WTS buildings! Would that lessen the horrendous tragedy one iota, despite Tally's interest in Bethel's destruction? Of course not! If such an event happened—and not a soul can say it wouldn't or couldn't—even Tally would forget his living hatred and forever mourn over the tragedy. So, why even say what you did?

See what I mean?

• Pete2
    Pete2

(((((((((((Tina)))))))))) my dear! I see you're going by the name Vaseline now ... Does that have anything to do with the "asshole" motif in this thread?

Anyway, Vaseline, I think you're misunderstood. When you say you "work in the mental health field" what you are trying to say with trailer-park patois is "I'm being held in a mental health ward."

Vaseline, please know that even though you've proven yourself a hateful, manipulating bitch since landing with your broom on this site -- please know:

I. Forgive. You. I really, really do.

Big love,
    Pete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit