What happened to politeness?

by Seeker 101 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Julie,

So Tina showed me up did she? Well, let's review the facts. I presented some research results reported by Eyzenck. Tina "dusted off her notes" and told me that Eyzenck had some crazy theories and misused factor analysis. I pointed out that there were a lot of crazy theories back then. I also pointed out that he did not use factor analysis in his research, rather, he used it later when he developed a personality test. Tina came back and asked if I believed these crazy ideas. Obviously she has reading comprehension problems. After I pointed this out to her and I pointed out the fact that she has no clue what factor analysis is or how it it used, she gave me a wave goodbye, with no further comments. If you believe that to be some kind of victory for Tina, then you have reading problems as well.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Victory for Tina or Victory for Larc?

What is the result? Let's have a poll everybody...

Here are the options:

1. Tina Won
    2. Larc won
    3. They both won
    4. They both lost.

My vote is for number 4.

• larc
    larc

Miss Julie,

You are a good writer, but a very poor reader. I guess you won't respond because you can't. Your biases are so obvious, and they really make you look silly.

Hey Julie, come on out and play.

Mr. Grave,

I haven't lost a thing. Well, I guess I did loose something. I lost all respect for garbage mouth Tina, and her hatefull friend Julie.

• mommy
    mommy

LOL See what you started Asshole hehe
    wendy

Larc,
    You questioned her professional status by bringing up offline personal information. Kinda like if I said I looked up your address in the phone book and it wasn't what you insinuated it to be. I know that is a stretch from the orignial topic, but the only analogy I can think of now. As far as her comments on dusting off her notes, I assumed that she said that to lighten the mood. After you brought up the personal info which was incorrect, she felt violated and decided not to play anymore...which is what I would do as well. Since that time you have continued to want to play in several threads, I think Tina and Julie would follow up if it was worthy of their time, or something they would want to do. Just my opinion of course
    wendy

• larc
    larc

Hey Mommy,

She dusted of her notes, how cute. I read the original and did my own literature survey 20 years later. So, her knowledge is very thin and not worth much.

• mommy
    mommy

Larc,
    You did not even touch on the rest of my comments. Why do you think it was okay to bring up personal info in an effort to discredit her? Knowing that she would have to divulge more of herself than she is willing to give this DB in order to "prove" herself.

Like I said as far as the notes and the rest of the discussion, I really don't care either way. I saw it as two people discussing a topic they both were interested in. That was not the reason she doesn't want to play anymore.
    wendy

• larc
    larc

Mommy,

One thing you forget is that I read everything that is posted and Tina did post her so called qualifications. Now, for you to question me, means that you and Tina are emailing each other to create warfare against me. Well, fine, go at it.

• mommy
    mommy

Larc,
    I am sorry if I upset you, that was not my intent. I certainly did not intend for you to make assumptions as to who I am emailing and what we are discussing. I was only giving my opinion of that thread and the ensuing "whatever it is called" I read that thread and my mouth dropped when I read what you had posted. IMO it was a violation of her to post offline "validation" when that validation was wrong and could not be backed up unless Tina exposed more personal data. Data that you have attained by other means. It would be way different if Tina gave her license number, her full name and state of residence. Do you see what I am saying?

As far as Tina emailing me, yes we do, she is a great friend and a wonderful person, it is a shame that people do not get to know her. This past week I haven't because I have been pretty sick myself and have cut back hugely on my PC time. I know that she has her faults, all of us do. If I was to limit my association due to another person's faults I would be limiting alot of wonderful people.
    wendy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OH YEAH! Well your all a bunch of assholes!(I`m joking!)..LOL,sorry guys I just wanted to fit in.I like most everybody here....>>>Holy shit larc,I rarely see you go off.(LOL)I think I`ll go get a beer,come back and watch..LOL.....OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

Mommy,

As I said before, Tina put up her so called qualificatons for all to see. She went on to say that she was a member of Division 39 and 49 of APA. She is not listed as a member of either. Then she says that she is a student member. Now, that is possible in Div. 39 because anyone can join, even you Mommy. She can not be a member of Div. 49 because a student member must be a full time graduate student, and Tina is not even close to being a graduate student.

Now, regarding your other point, regarding Tina's goodness. Could be, but anyone who tells me to fuck myself is not a good person in my eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit