cant be alone with sister in car....may have sex..are witness that bad??

by Witness 007 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WITNESS007:

Yes, it's true the JWs are obsessed with fornication and are convinced every woman there is a maneater and every man (no matter what age) can't be trusted around an unattached woman. I experienced this ridiculousness first-hand.

Little did I know, back in those days, how much MORE danger somebody's minor child might be around some people there.

Sorry, but their priorities are way off!

• Scott77
    Scott77

lol

• laverite
    laverite

It was beyond ridiculous the strange situations I would be put in out in service, etc. I remember a number of times even as a 17 year old, not being able to be alone with sisters even though they were 3, 4 or in some cases 5 times my age (or more!!). One time in particular, to avoid being alone with a sister who was 101 or 102 at the time (she went on to live a couple more years!!), I was put in a situation with another young brother my exact age. I had a major crush on him and, as I later learned, he went on to be DFd for his penchant for other brothers. But he and I could be alone, go swimming and even change together. But neither of us could be alone with the 100+ year old sister, helping her with her wheelchair.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup these restrictions cause no end of problems for my hubby, who goes alone to various functions in our local and VERY small Witness community. He can't give a ride or be given a ride by a local sister. If only he and a sister show up for the dial-in to the closest Kingdom hall, he has to come home.

No single sisters here, and he's not single either.

Appearances? It all looks stupid to me.

• Kudra
    Kudra

lol, there was a couple that were dating in our hall that would pioneer together (alone I think) and because of the admonition to "not be alone together in a parked car", they would joke about running red lights out in service so that their car was not "parked". They joked about if an officer tried to pull theem over they'd be all: "sorry! -gotta obey god's laws over men's!" as they sped away. It was actually pretty funny.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was alone with sisters several times in cars. If only I had known that I was expected to jump her bones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit