David Cameron Confronts Cristina Fernandez (UK v Argentina)

by cofty 182 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who says Britain should just invade Argentina and be done with it? Put that crazy woman in a sound proof padded cell for starters.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'm absolutely right about the Falklands and everyone else is wrong.

Pity I don't know anything about this, or care too much either way!

• Sulla
    Sulla

The Argentine government has been quite desperate lately. Currency shenanigans, stealing a Spanish company... Now this. Stay classy, Argentina.

• Diest
    Diest

SBF, I liked your point. The people of Hong Kong would have voted to stay part of the UK if they could have.

It reminds me of the US government saying we are in Iraq to protect the Iraqi people....Yet we let Rwanda go to shit and 500k people get hacked to death. Its about the money not the principle. If you don't believe me, ask the WTS.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

SBF....but, invade Argentina?

Why? Why would we want it?

But I like the padded cell bit!

Hi there, Fernando!

Pity I don't know anything about this, or care too much either way!

You'd see it differently if you were a Falkland Islander! Or if you lived in Britain.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRIJygFeb3E

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut. 1983

F*** all that we've got to get on with these
    Got to compete with the wily Japanese
    No need to worry about the Vietnamese
    Got to bring the Russian bear to his knees
    Well, maybe not the Russian bear,
    maybe the Swedes
    We showed Argentina
    now let's go and show these
    Make us feel tough
    and wouldn't Maggie be pleased?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Here's a new, interesting comment posted today on the subject of Argentina and the Olympics.

http://falklandsnews.wordpress.com/

Apparently, their official kit is rumoured to have the Falklands Islands sewn onto it. ...Hmmm, what does that remind me of?

The IOC says that no political gesture will be tolerated. Should be interesting...

The whole thing is worth reading right through.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I forgot about this thread. I have no real reasons Q why I stated "British should get off the island". I'm just siding with the under dog. I have no opinions of value on the matter.

• Diest
    Diest

I hope the Argentines protest lots at the London Games. It will highlight their week political position.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Whatever happens at the Olympics, it wont be as bad as the abuse that Falklander James Peck has suffered for taking Argentine citizenship in order to see his children in Buenos Aires. Argentines applaud him for taking citizenship which was available to him. He still retains British citizenship. The Kelpers responded with death threats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/17/world/americas/father-caught-in-argentina-britain-row-over-falklands.html?pagewanted=all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit