My JW mum is in hospital

by nugget 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

So sorry for the drama. Hope your mom get well soon! 3rdgen & the ass. :)

• nugget
    nugget

Update on my mum. Yesterday she fell whilst doing physio therapy and cracked her hip again. The surgeon says that the reason for the fall was anaemia and she had fainted. He will not operate again because of her condition as she may not be able to cope with another operation. The chances are she will need to use a wheelchair. My Dad is hoping she will have some mobility but this may take a long time and is not guaranteed.

All the unecessary suffering and the huge impact this policy has shows how disgraceful this religion is. I am so angry right now as well as worried about my Mum and Dad.

The other thing that totally annoyed me was that despite my Dad saying he does not want witnesses at the hospital they continue to visit. Even those close to my mum who have been spoken to directly by my Dad and sister have been visiting despite the fact that my mum is very ill and not fit to receive visitors. When asked why they went they said that because they weren't told from the platform not to visit then it is ok for them to come. How mind numbingly stupid and arrogant can they be. If I didn't live so far away I'd be camped in her room 24/7. Apparently I am so dreadful to be arround that my sister tries not to visit if she thinks I am coming.

These people are criminally stupid and fanatic adherence to corrupt doctrine is making me furious. They have no humanity just look for easy service hours, they do nothing useful like help to make her comfortable or clean her up if she is sick. I just hope that I was not such a human parasite whilst I was in.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dearest Nugget , you are in our thoughts constantly at this difficult and painful time.

The religion makes it so so difficult,almost impossible to be a normal child, because your JW parents are not normal, and as you have found, the JW's interfere and want to control the situation, whatever it may be.

Mrs Phizzy and I wish your Mum well, and hope you are not too upset by all this.

Love and hugs to you.

• nugget
    nugget

Thanks Phizzy, luckily my Dad was never a JW but this is doing his head in. JWs do nothing practical, not one of them will be there to care for her needs and help out. They create the problems and walk away all smug that they have made someone adhere to their rules.

• BroMac
    BroMac

oh thats bad news, i was hoping the update would be 'good news'. sorry to hear she had a fall, would the wheelchair be permanent or just till she builds up her 'anemia' problem?

i hope it is not related to the delay your sister caused.... families are hard work at times!

big hug for you nugget & cantleave

• nugget
    nugget

My Dad fears it is permanent it will depend how the hip mends without any intervention. I am sure it has everything to do with the length of time her original op took and the fact that she has lost so much blood. You could tell just by looking at her she was anaemic.

The trouble is my sister will be convinced she did the right thing. They are so self righteous when these things happen.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm so sorry Nugget. There are no words to describe dealing with the stress of an ill and elderly loved one and the crap from the congregation.

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so sorry your mother fell again. I would think they would wait for physical therapy, for when she had built up some strength.

Sorry about your sister too,she seems very unreasonable,especially in regards to her dealings with you. I believe that even the most hardcore Witnesses would talk to a disfellowshipped sibling,when one of their parents is in the hospital. I would think it would fall under "necessary business" Good grief.

Hang in there. Hope your mom gets on the road to recovery soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit