My JW mum is in hospital

by nugget 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

My poor mum fell over on Sunday and broke her hip. She was taken to hospital and yesterday had an operation to place a pin in the joint. This was obviously a worrying time for all concerned and my Dad let us all know what was going on. My older sister the only cultist left out of my siblings rang my younger sister as soon as she heard the news and has managed in a short space of time to infuriate practically everyone in the family. Her first question was not "how is mum?" or "is everyone ok?" it was "what about the blood issue?" Whilst I appreciate the preoccupation these matters I would have thought that this would not be the first thing you would ask.

Myyounger sister was so cross she put the phone down on her. My father told her not to visit the hospital until after the operation and that no witnesses were welcome. My sister ignored him and visited my mum before the operation to ensure that she was not having blood. The chances were blood was not even in the equation it was a minor procedure after all but the fact that this happen has made my Dad mad as hell. Especially since the first words out of mum's mouth were that she hadn't had any blood.

So this afternoon I am going up the hospital hoping my older sister isn't going to be there as she is in full fighting spirit. I want to let my mum know we were worried and happy she is doing well now but really don't want to deal with any drama. I am finding witness behaviour so much harder to tolerate perhaps it is being around normal people for so long the contrast is greater. Anyway as with all things you often fear the worst and it turns out to be a breeze so hopefully all will be good.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I agree....the further away from them you get...the weirder they seem. Good luck with your mums visit. You just don't need it do you?

Hope everything goes well for your mum....

• cheerios
    cheerios

best of luck nugget! i hope all goes well

• Fernando
    Fernando

Our prayers are with you and yours for the best outcome possible under the circumstances.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Sending you hugs and strength dear friend x Keep your head up! and your chin......you are right, most of the time, the scenario we play in our head never actually happens in reality. Love, P x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear that.

Just treat the Dubs with the same respect you have for any retards.

• nugget
    nugget

Just found out that due to my sister's interference the operation went from being a simple procedure and turned into a major drama taking much longer than planned. I bet she is so proud of herself right now.

Thanks for the support will pass it on to my little sister too who is right in the middle of this storm.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thinking of you and your mum with compassion, Nugget.

LOL @ Black Sheep.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

You bet she is.

hospitalizations are an exciting event for JWs, it's the big one to prove themselves faithful or to promote their superior medical stand to ignorant worldly people... and to you.

all the best for your mum, and the hassles

oz

• dozy
    dozy

Hope all goes well.

With older JWs , the martyr complex seems to kick in and it becomes almost a badge of honour that they very vocally refuse blood.

Are the HLC elders in attendance? Or the local JW PVG ( patient vistation group? )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit