My JW mum is in hospital

by nugget 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deceived
    Deceived

I hope your Mom recovers without too much discomfort, its not a fun thing to go through

I empathize with what you re going through with the JW factor and the blood, its like they are all programmed like robots. Its the same MO reaction, no matter who it is and where they live.

sincere thoughts from Paula

• nugget
    nugget

When I saw my mum my sister was there too with her Elder husband. Good grief they looked so uncomfortable. My Dad took one look at my sister and promptly went to the car to avoid yelling at her in front of my mum and she looked as if he had punched her in the stomach. My sister then proceeded to talk to my mum and ignore me. When I interjected it was as if I was invisible in the room and they very quickly left. They said bye to mum and when I said bye they totally ignored it. It was sad she didn't look happy or at ease. This is the first time I had seen her for over a year and it was like I was invisible. But on the plus side I felt at ease and in control I actually had all the power because I could talk to whoever I wanted to, who cares they didn't really talk back got to pity them.

My mum confirmed that her operation was delayed and they had to bring in a special team due to the non blood thing which annoyed the hospital staff and infuriated my dad. She looks very pale and is obviously extremely tired so this was no simple procedure. My Dad is very concerned that my sisters interference has compromised my mother's recovery I have never seen him so mad. That being said my mother is a Witness and whether right or wrong was non blood surgery what she wanted? I may not approve of the decision but I respect her right to insist if that is what she wants. My sister may have interfered with her own agenda but she may have enabled my mother to get hat she wanted. My mum certainly seemed appreciative of her visit. As I said to her we all want the best for her although we may disagree on how that is achieved.

These things are rarely black and white all I hope is that my mum makes a good recovery and starts to get some colour. I am worried in case she becomes anaemic. Will see her again at the weekend by which time she should be more herself and not quite so high on painkillers. I may even see my sister again thinking of wearing a Sparlock Tshirt as she has just been to the assembly.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You're a good daughter, Nugget.

Wishing a speedy recovery for your mom.

Palm

• mind blown
    mind blown

Healthy well wishes and speedy recovery to your mother

• laverite
    laverite

Nugget,

Sending good thoughts and hugs to you. I hope your mum continues to recover. Wishing all the best. Love the idea about the Sparlock T-shirt. Love it!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw, sorry to hear about your mum nugget. Hope she gets well soon.

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

There is nothing for Sis to pat herself on the back for. She was out of line and you and your family have every reason to be upset.

Even though the JW's believe blood tranfusions are against Jehovahs laws, the fact remains that they are also taught that each person has free will .

Thus the decision to take a blood transfusion is a very personal decision.

It amazes me that they think they should interfere like that.

If your mom chose blood ,whether it be right or wrong , she faces whatever consequences good or bad there may be.

Peer pressuring a person to do what you think is right is not the same as a person making a choice from their own heart. Which is what they teach Jehovah will be judging in the end.

My mother did this stuff all my life and I have tried to explain to her that she can not save us. If we made choices to please her it would not save us because it would be for the wrong reason.

AKA ,

Ranchette,

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

((((((((Nugget)))))))))

Coffee

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

Whoops, I forgot to add, that I sincerely hope your mom makes a speedy recovery.

I'm sorry your sis ignored you and complicated things.

AKA,

Ranchette

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I hope the best for your mum. May she recover quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit