What was the weirdest thing ever said to you as a JW?

by falseprophet 67 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

A grown man commenting on the YPA book and his battle with mastrubation. D:

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"My ex-husband said, "In the new system we won't have to wipe".

After a statement like that, glad to hear he's your ex.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

A sister at our bookstudy said that Smurf means blue demon. Baltar477 (or 447?? either way, my hubby) and I could barely contain our laughter. (This was a few years before the Smurf movie came out.)

• j dubb
    j dubb

I have heard that since the 80s...

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Yes, I know it's an old thing, but I could not BELIEVE that this chick was still saying it. And she's near our age, too. In her upper 30s.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

"There is no room for individuality in the organization"

"Watching the Flintstones reinforces the notion of evolution and the existence of cavemen"

A comment made in 1974 during the WT study. "There is evidence that there has been an increase in carrion birds around the world....this is Jehovah preparing for the after armegeddon cleanup" The conductor said " let's just stick to the information presented in the paragraph please" (cricket cricket)

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

FalsePhrophet __I was about 8-10 years old and twice I had people tell me that I should not pioneer but to go to Bethel because I "was Governing Body material".

Did these people mentions the name "Leo Greenless" ? I'm just saying,........

NJY aka Scummydross, ( but Simon won't change my name here to match over at JWR) lol

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Here's one I heard in field service: the angels from the Bible were actually robots made by aliens. The householder thought the angels had feelings, but

the demons were older, inferior models made without emotions. This guy thought the Bible was some sort of alien alegory.

That was pretty much the premise of the Battlestar Galactica series, with the cylons.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I thought Greenlees was gay, not a paedophile?

• wezz
    wezz

Yeah, what's up with demons sneaking into your house by means of that coffee table you bought at a garage sale? Why not just walk through the front door?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit