What was the weirdest thing ever said to you as a JW?

by falseprophet 67 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Typically the most bizarre conversations I hear tend to relate to discussions of the New System TM (or is the New World TM now?).

People would make predictions that:

- We’d go back to only riding horses to get around

- We'd all start magically speaking Hebrew

- We’d start colonizing other planets (that’s why Jehovah created them!). Although I’m not sure how you can get to Jupiter on a horse….

- We’d be naked

- My favorite is that we’d all each be entirely self-sufficient—making our own clothes, building our own houses, growing our own food, etc. I always have fun with those people.

“So would you have to cut down the trees to build your house?”

“Yes, of course!”

“How would you make the saw blade or axe? Would you have to mine the ore yourself?”

“Oh, no. Of course not.”

“Then where would you get them?”

“Well there would be people to make stuff like that.”

“And the glass for your windows?”

“That too.”

“And where will you get the fabric and dye for your clothes?”

"Jehovah will make sure there are people to do those types of things."

"Doesn't that sound like a caste system or slavery?"

(You get the idea. I usually finish by reminding them that IMPERFECT humans living in an agrarian society were able to figure out pretty quickly how to grow more food than they needed, which is what allowed others to go off and specialize in other talents, and that I would hope PERFECT humans could do a lot better.)

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Was told it was not proper to wear Adidas shoes because Adidas stands for - All i Do Is Dream About Sex.

Bangalore

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LMAO@ j dubb. I almost spilled my coffee. I use that image a lot and I didn't even think to use it on that comment. Hahaha

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They were so worried about demons possessing people. One of the rags had the lie that the demons attacked someone after they left the cancer, started listening to heavy metal music, and got involved in fornication. Trouble is, even if there was an attack at all (which is doubtful because the rags are not trustworthy), it was ANGELS that attacked, NOT Demons. The angels attack because they want to scare people away from spiritual growth and right back into Jehovah. For most witlesses, that rubbish works.

That myth is pretty much busted. I got heavy metal music including everything that was in that rag, a Ouija board, and a computer to hook up to Satan's Internet. And I have visited plenty of apostate web sites, and lots of blatantly Satanic web sites. And no Demon attacks--in fact, nothing. Myth busted. That's besides the fact that it is damn near 7 years (will be after the end of June 2012) since I did anything with Jehovah, and my activity the previous several years was low and declining before I pulled the plug.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm not sure this wasn't the weirdest thing I ever heard as a JW but it is one that comes to mind that bothered me. A brother who is verbally abusive and even if his is phyically violent toward his family is still better than a worldly man who is a nice guy because he is in the truth.

Sound familiar Foundsheep?

• d
    d

I was told Certain classical music is bad and might have demon orgins. I was like WTH.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Yes I Quit! that idea is just stupid They wonder why there is so much abuse?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"Was told it was not proper to wear Adidas shoes because Adidas stands for - All i Do Is Dream About Sex."

Well that's a new one! How do they come with this stuff?

• wasblind
    wasblind

This thread is depressin' me when I should be laughin'

how could I have been so foolish for gettin' involved ( head hung low in shame )

• simon17
    simon17

I always liked this one: "The taking of offense is like a double edged sword... and we are tempted to use it like a gun"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit