What was the weirdest thing ever said to you as a JW?

by falseprophet 67 Replies latest jw friends

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

I was about 8-10 years old and twice I had people tell me that I should not pioneer but to go to Bethel because I "was Governing Body material".

One was a CO and another a DO.

I didn't even believe in God, never have so that makes it weird!

What wierd things were told?

• j dubb
    j dubb

An empty suitcase kept under my bed for when 'the government comes and takes you away during persecution.' This was before I even went to school.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

"it's the truth, it's the truth, it's the truth" Said to me by an elder and my re-instatement hearing.

It was weird because I really couldn't tell who he was trying to convince me or himself.

• wasblind
    wasblind

mynameislame,

you know the answer to that

• CitizenRain
    CitizenRain

My mom took in a homeless sister for a while who once told us that she couldnt stay because we liked Star Wars. She said it was clearly demonic and that it promoted 'beastiality and perversions'

I have tons more! I hope we get some good responses on this thread!

• Starr_Kachina
    Starr_Kachina

That I couldn't fall asleep with my radio on at night because demons might try to talk to me through 98.9 FM (easy-listening station in NE Ohio).

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Here's one I heard in field service: the angels from the Bible were actually robots made by aliens. The householder thought the angels had feelings, but the demons were older, inferior models made without emotions. This guy thought the Bible was some sort of alien alegory.

• umadevi
    umadevi

One sister insisted that I should keep WTS books near my bedside to keep demons away!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

An elder told me that his son rented a copy of "Eddie and the Cruisers." That night, he said his son saw a man who looked like Eddie from the movie walk into his bedroom. Then WT literature started flying across the room. His point was that the literature was not a talisman against demons.

Good call.

• elderelite
    elderelite

You will never go to school in this system of things

You will never graduate in this system of things

You will never have kids in this system of things.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit