What it takes to become an atheist.

by dontplaceliterature 90 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

She didn't deliver on my 100,000,000 cheque that was supposed to be delivered.

Probably because you didn't spell "check" correctly and she didn't know wth you were talking about. Canadians. sheesh.

Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on your own happiness than make other people feel lousy for having a belief?

ITA about not evangelizing because that's indicative of what's inside of you, not the other person.

But to play Devil's advocate, this is a forum about beliefs and religion, so it should be expected to come up in conversation quite often. And grown adults aren't puppets on strings whose emotions others can control. Affect, yes. Control, no. People can't actually make others react in any way. Sometimes I'm disappointed in posters reacting emotionally and then blaming others...kwim?

• tec
    tec

I hate the spelling 'check' for cheque. It is not what we are taught, and I am finding in all over the place now... in CANADA. The horror. Truly, the horror!!!

Peace,

tammy (who put the silly smilie up there, but who is serious about the HORROR)

• shamus100
    shamus100

I always spell it 'cheque', so suck eggs. ;)

• Twitch
    Twitch

Our spelling adds colour, flavour and humour to stuff.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Our spelling is faster. :)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Everything about Canada is perfect, everything about the U.S. is awful. It's true. :D

Bloody atheists... or is that athiest? ;P

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Our spelling is faster. :)

I don't mind having u around, even if it takes longer...;)

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Faith follows the thing heard.....

all you need to do is cover your ears

but love starts in the eyes of understanding

But if you try to close your eyes

Love turns into a teardrop

but in your heart lies it's broken remains

This is rediculous. It insinuates that people who are non-believers are deaf, blind, and pitiful.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Always check your cheques.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I don't see that that has anything to do with athiesm?

@Black Sheep

It has a lot to do with BECOMING an atheist for many. It isn't necessarily what makes one atheist, but it opens the door to that path of logic. Once you are willing to let go of your fantasies about living forever, it becomes easier to start accepting more logical answers about life on Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit