It's still bugging me...

by mrsjones5 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm thinking you already know that venting steam on JWN was about the extent of it. Try to cut down on what she finds out, but I think you know best to just leave it alone about saying anything. Maybe you will need a fake friend every now and again when your car breaks down.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*giggle* fake friend. I like that.

Thank goodness the last time the van was recently in the shop I could afford a rental.

• Glander
    Glander

I like that! "Hey, I ran out of gas and need you to pick up some and come rescue me"

Another advantage of being cool is that you can "misinform" and manipulate easily.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh this could be fun

• vanyell
    vanyell

Hmmm... why not treat it like a counter intelligence operations? Purposely seed fake info so that she'll discredit herself. Theocratic warfare in reverse. Give them a taste of their own medicine... Except that that this is entirely unChistian-like though...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good morning Mrs Jones.

Things situations are so frustrating. Exactly, "The Gambler." Getting into it with a person with this behavior is quite tricky. If they don't act old enough to behave better, difficult to win any battles. If you do decide to confront her, be careful, do something creative so she will get the message. Like tell there is an issue to discuss and have the boys there, or everybody's husbands, so the behavior is identified and addressed in the "scriptural" way and with witnesses. (barf) That usually stops it cold.

I had a relative that was gossiping and slandering. He is a servant, but I counciled him with scriptures about lies and slander. I told him if I ever heard anything again coming from him, I would talk to his elders, and if I didn't get satisfaction, I'd write the society until I did.

Your judgement is wise. Vent here all you want. Say "hi" to the rest of the fam.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Girl, send me her number and I'll take of her ! ! ! (lol)

I just went thru a somewhat similar situation with my elderly aunt, I'm her Power of Attorney, two of her "church friend" come over and went thru her fridge and asks her where her money is, the aide called my atty and he called me. I called this woman and point blank said if they want to visit again either my attorney or I will have to be there. So I told her if some other friends from the church want to visit her you have to explain to them that you and the other woman were out of bounds and that's why there now has to be supervised visits. Then I said whats the name of your church elders and perhaps I could explain the situation and coordinate the visits.. . . . . Well, I don't think anyone will be visiting my aunt from that church no time soon !

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hubby say "hi" Dagney.

" Girl, send me her number and I'll take of her ! ! ! (lol)"

Lmao! That would be a hoot!

• finally awake
    finally awake

You should totally start making crazy stuff up to tell her. Make her look like a complete idiot when she runs blabbing to your mom.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I gotta think long and hard about that one Finally. It's gotta be something so silly but believable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit