It's still bugging me...

by mrsjones5 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Actually Mrs. Jones, that sounds like it could be really fun. It could be something simple but odd enough to make them want to tell your mom, like wanting to dye your hair purple...or a crazy vacation place.

• Glander
    Glander

I've got it! Tell her you and Mr Jones are considering trying a swinger/swap party.

This would be perfect if it came back through your Mom.

"What, are you crazy?...I wasn't going to say anything, but she has been feeling me out about doing that!"

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just say something in passing like a friend/coworkers child is giving their first talk and you're thinking about going to hear it. You'll be planting the bait right in her ears if you say you might step foot again in KH !

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES- Hey Josie, just woke up from my nap after working all last night and saw this. So sorry you are going through the typical " gossip mill" that is SO most Jehovah's Witness members. I think it's a very good idea you had to warn your son to NOT say too much about what's going on in your life to his JW friend. Remember in JW land as long as this woman's son is attending mind controlling indoctrination meetings - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. So it's no big surprise that this JW lady is getting information perhaps through her son pumping your son for information about you guys.

I know how frustrating this can be. My JW ex-wife has spread so many rumors about me it's not funny. Just last year I saw a JW guy I used to attend meetings at the same hall with from over 9 years ago when I still attended. He told me he heard I was DFed and I corrected him saying that " no " - the elders ATTEMPTED to DF me but it was overturned . I appealed and they lost. So apparently others had just spread the rumor of me being DFEd in spite of it not being true at all. JW's are really adept at spreading false views and illusions about people. Think about it- once again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree that all JW's learn from either ! The WT society are MASTERS of doling out false illusionary information to feed their own sense of empowerment and ego.

This JW lady who knows your mom is the same way. So is her son. They are just imitating an action which is pushed forth by the WT society and the JW cult to rat on each other and to trust no one. It's sick and twisted and they won't change. If I was you I might consider saying somthing to the JW lady in a firm, but calm manner telling her not to spread stories to your mom out of respect for you, your husband, and childrens privacy. As you know with your history with your mom, you'll probably get farther with this JW lady than your mom anyway.

This JW lady might do a lot of damage if she keeps feeding lies or false rumors about you and your family. I would nip it in the bud and keep doing what you're doing in warning your son about being discreet in what he says around the JW boy. Just my 2 cents my dear sis. Talk to you soon ! Give hubby and kids a hug for me

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I like the idea of a silly rumour that will backfire into the gossipy bitch's face. But that's just me, hehehe...

• sizemik
    sizemik

Being a complete bastard myself . . . I'm with Glander and BP.

Feed her some bullshit . . . as outrageous as possible but still believable.

Kind of like an incendiary device . . . light the touch paper and stand well clear.

She'll get the picture and you get a laugh . . . it's a win-win.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hubby loves the idea.

Thans for the love y'all ad we can't wait to get up to Tahoe Flip.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have a diferent idea...instead of telling a fib, tell the truth...to your mom. You could say something like, "Mom, I'd be very careful about associating with Sister So and So. She's sooooooooo gossipy." Then when your mom asks you what Sister So and So said about her, be coy and say, "Mother, surely you don't want me to be a gossip, do you!?"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oooo Jamie, I have to keep that in mind. It's so good and juicy.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Just drop the I saw elder so and so at the adult book store doing a return visit if you know what I mean. Then let the gossip hit the fan.

just Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit