It's still bugging me...

by mrsjones5 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But instead saying something I most likely would regret later I'm going to rant here.

This was touched on on OTWO's thread. There's a jw woman who's kids go to the same school as mine. My oldest son is friends with this woman's oldest son. This woman knows my mother, sees my mother a number of times at the hall. When my family and I moved back to California and my mother realized that this woan and I only lived a couple of blocks away from each other she actively encouraged a friendship between ths woman and I under the guise of my needing friends.

That didn't happen.

I don't like being pushed to make friends with anyone. It's never sat right with me. And with this woman I have good reason....she gossips. She runs back to my mother and says things about me and my kids. Now when it first happened I brushed it off. I don't bring up this woman when I speak to my mother. I let it go and have been letting every incident of gossip go.

And this last incident...I'm gonna let it go too but it's bugging the shit out of me. I feel like walking up to the woman this morning and giving her the 911 on what my mother has been telling me because the only way my mother could find out about certain things was through her (I should point out that her oldest boy tends to talk a lot and I've warned my son to be very discreet with the boy) but I won't. I'm going to hold it together.

Its still bugging the shit out of me though.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I would definitely ask this woman how did my mother find out XXX about me, and preface the conversation with, since I know you're a JW I know you wouldn't lie to me . . . !

Then of course she will probably LIE and say she did tell your mom, but then you inform her you're the only one that new XXX about me, yeah, it's time to set her straight !

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm wit shirley Josie

I say tripp the bitch

• cult classic
    cult classic

I hate being left holding the bag.

Maybe ask why she feels the need to report back to your mother? That's so two-faced.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh oh oh oh, I would so love to give said woman a good tongue lashing but I've been thinking about this and though it would feel great what would it really accomplish? Not what I want it to in the long run. I barely speak to ths woman. If I see her when I drop my kids off at school I say good morning. We've had short conversations about surface stuff but that's it. She was kind enough to help when my car broke down. There was a small door that opened to a friendship but the talking to my mother when you can come to me is a deal breaker. I don't need friends like that.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Josie,

You did right by lettin' off steam here

you always seem to know whats best

Your my hero

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw Was, you're a sweetheart.

I figure ranting here is a better release than ranting to that woman.

• Glander
    Glander

Jonsey, You're the only one who can make the decision to confront her or not. You are smart, and I know you have analyzed the potential repercussions, whatever they might be, and decided it's to YOUR advantage to stay cool.

I have learned over the years that venting feelings feels really good and righteous at the time but it is really better keep your 'cards' close to your vest.

You are right to warn your son about the gossip situation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Josie

I think I will hire Shirley as My personal advisor though

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks G. And for some reason "The Gambler" song is running in my head now. LoL

Yeah Was. Shirley would be my backup too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit