any truth 2 Russell funded by Rothchilds

by mind blown 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

cross and crown symbols weren't exclusive to masons. The pyramid by Russell's grave had to do with their believe system, to Russell the pyramid was probably as important symbolically as the cross. Cross to Christians represents Christ while to Russell the pyramid represented God's plan for mankind. Anyone who reads Russell's SS books (esp. SS vol3) will see how important the pyramid was to WTS' entire eschatology. While the pyramid wasn't the primary source for 1914 calculations it did join Russell's numerous dates together as if it showed God's plan of the ages.

Russell believed that in 1914 the state of Israel was going to be restored on earth thus his interest in what Rothschilds were up to. His letter(s) plainly show his interest in creation of state of Israel as that was believed to be bible prophesy taking place. If I remember correctly Thy Kingdom Come (ss vol3) book goes into detail of how state of Israel is prophetic and what the wealthy Jewish families were doing to make that a reality. Rothschilds were architects of today's Israel and without them and their funding of Jewish settlements in Palestine, the state of Israel probably would have never taken place. Besides Russell's interest in the development of events, there is no reason there was anything more between Russell, WTS and Rothschilds.

Conspiracy theorists quickly link crown and cross with Illuminati, and of course Rothschilds had to be included in the made up bloodlines so there is no surprise that people imagine that Russel was connected with masons or Illuminati thus conclude that wts was sponsored by Illuminati.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@Old Goat ""redvip, All of that is wild speculation with no basis in FACT. The Russells were a protestant Irish family from Londonderry, Ireland. They were not German. Russell had no connection to Skull and Bones. Russell's uncle's will details the Londonderry connection, and at the time of the uncle's death there were still relations living in Derry. Russell was educated in Grant School in Pittsburgh, graduating from the Common School system then in use at the end of the seventh-grade. He had further education from a system of tutors sponsored by the YMCA who provided advanced courses for young men. All of this can be documented from available records"" 1 - I didnt say the Russells were from Germany. I said his family (as in ancestry) was originally a Germany Ashkenazi Jew family. The original name was Roessel. The family moved to the British Isles where, obviously for you, their history starts... 2 - I didn't say Charles Russel had a connection with the Skull and bones society. I said a family member started it. I'm not going to sit here and convince you of this, as this is well documented.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I do appreciate all of your answers to my questions

Since we're on the subject, I have another question? I read somewhere it was at Russells request this Pyramid be errected, then I read somewhere else it was a memorial done by other JW's? Also, if Rutherford or whomever veiw the Pyramid as an esoteric evil why errect such a thing after Russell died?

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

redv, all that is historical crap. Prove it from valid historical documents - something other than a well known conspiracy theorists diseased mind. I've seen the supposed proof. It comes from an ex-convicts speculation. There is no connection between the well-known Russells he cites and C.T. Russell's family. Even the person who first put this out says that he hasn't made a connection, though he feels there must be one. It's wild speculation, and you fell for it. I recommend a course in basic logic. You should be able to find a free or low cost one. I don't mean this as an insult but to be helpful. You fall for the logic traps set by others because you want to believe and because you're unable to identify logic flaws.

On the grave marker:

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?topic=14045.msg218905#msg218905

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Another thought: Photos do not always tell the story. All the details of this marker are accounted for by things other than Masonic membership. Similarity does not mean sameness. Another example is the well known photo of Rutherford and friends around a dispenser with glasses in hand. Rutherford has his hat shoved back. It's posted to show him drunk. I haven't researched that issue enough to know if he was a drunk or not. But I know a vintage Root Beer dispenser when I see one. I also know that no 1920s beer dispenser looked like that.

People see what they really want to see in that photo. Which of you who thinks it shows him drunk ever checked on the dispenser?

There are all sorts of real faults in Russell’s life. If they’re an issue for you, then point to what is verifiable. And unless you are seeking a laugh, forget the conspiracy sites. Historical research has ethical standards and standards of practice that none of them meet.

Good history sits on top of good, hard work. It does not fall off the tip of Fritz Springmyer’s pen or out the imagination of controversialists. Do some real checking if you find something probable.

• TD
    TD
    ...cross and crown symbols weren't exclusive to masons.

Yes. The Masons borrowed the symbol from Christianity, not the other way around. It has been used by virtually every single Christian denomination under the sun. Here's a very tiny sampling:

Daughters of Isabella: (Catholic)

Christian Science:

Baptist:

Lutheran:

Pentacostal:

Methodist:

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I do not at all have permission to post what follows. This is from appendix 1 of Schulz and de Vienne's new book, a work in progress. If they find this here, I'll be dumped from their private blog. But I think some of us need to see it.

Appendix One: Russell and the Masons

History is full of plots and conspiracies. Recounting them makes for interesting history. We memorialize some of them. Our English cousins annually burn Guy Fawkes in effigy and have a gay old time doing so. Our American relations celebrate the Minute Men (conspirators all), erecting statues, putting idealized, heroic images of one of their number on postage stamps, using it in patriotic propaganda, or as a trademark for an insurance company. A fiction genre derives from our ancestors’ plots and conspiracies, and we may be entertained by Dumas or bored to distraction by a modern-day incarnation of Luise Mühlbach. The suggestion that Charles Taze Russell was a Mason, part of a great, generations-long conspiracy doesn’t even meet the standard of historical fiction.

If there were any merit to this claim, our book would be significantly more interesting than it is. The ‘evidence’ presented by those who promote this fails to meet any rational standard. One of the boldest of those promoting this fantasy suggests it must be so because he believes it to be so. Various writers present an extensive “Russell Bloodline” that is supposed to prove that C. T. Russell was a mason, though as one admits: “This author has not established any link between the various famous Russells. Although I have been doing genealogy work, I have not had the chance to do the long term geneology [sic] work required to clarify the issue, if the reader is dissatisfied with the extent of this information, he is encouraged that rather than criticize to research it himself.”

Masons were in the 19 th Century extremely proud of their brotherhood. Invariably if someone was noticed in a regional history, a biographical record, or in an obituary, their Masonic membership was noted. Lodges kept and published meticulous membership lists. As you read this book you will find a number of instances where we note someone’s lodge membership. The Pittsburgh lodges were no different. Their membership rolls are easy to find. The Grand Lodge, several anti-Watch Tower writers and we have scoured those lists for any mention of the Russells. Neither Joseph nor Charles is found on any lodge membership roll in Allegheny City or Pittsburgh. Those postulating some role for Russell in a vast Masonic conspiracy suggest that there is a ‘hidden’ lodge, more secretive, malevolent, bent on dominating American society. They can’t prove its existence, of course. After all, it’s secret.

The evidence presented by conspiracy hypothecators (their speculations do not meet the definition of a “theory.”) consists of a series of non-sequiturs, pseudo-syllogisms, untenable, and insupportable conclusions. A feeling of powerlessness and manipulation underlies their claims. Those who advocate this theory seek to transfer blame for accepting a belief system they now reject to an ill defined conspiracy. They are unwilling to see, as traditional Christianity holds, that Satan is the prince of the power of the air, manipulating human society to his own ends; so they replace a demonic conspiracy with an improbable human one. Some who read this book will come to it seeking evidence for Russell’s Masonic connections. They will not find here what they seek.

Though it offends my historian’s sensibilities to do so, let’s examine the ‘evidence.’ As usually presented it falls into three categories: symbolisms used during the Russell era; Russell’s associations; and textual evidence.

Symbolisms

Decorative motifs found on Watch Tower publications are interpreted as Masonic. From an early date a cross and crown design appeared on Zion’s Watch Tower’s front cover. Because it was also used on Masonic paraphernalia, notably on the ceremonial swords, the presumption is that Russell borrowed from Masonic forms, covertly announcing to all “in the know” his Masonic connections. The logic flaws behind this reasoning are astounding.

Cross and Crown

Masonic use of the cross and crown symbolism derives from Christian usage. The symbolism became popular in the 17 th Century at least in Christian phraseology. In 1621, Francis Quarles wrote the poem Hadassa: The History of Queene Ester. It contains this couplet:

The way to bliss lies not on beds of down,

And he that has no cross deserves no crown.

There is a high probability that William Penn took the title of his famous essay No Cross, No Crown from Quarles’ poem. From Penn and others who wrote similarly, the cross and crown coupling became popular. For instance, Matthew Henry observed in his Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (published in several volumes between 1708 and 1710): “We only bear the cross for a while, but we shall wear the crown to eternity.”[1] By mid-19 th Century the phrase, “we must all bear the cross before we can wear the crown” had become common, finding its way into poems, homelies, sermons and common speech. Russell would have heard it repeated ad nausium. The cross and crown was found as an embroidery pattern; it found a place on Sunday school pins, on convention ribbons, and on jewelry, and this long before it appeared on the Watch Tower’s front cover or on a Masonic sword. The cross and crown symbol found on The Watch Tower in the early 1890s is a combination of type matrixes commonly found in a printers type drawer. The revised version from the later 1890s is a single type face, also common in usage.

Poem by Harriet Miston Tilly Published in 1850 . [i don't know how to post this photo]

Pyramid

A pyramid shaped monument was installed in the Bible Student cemetery in Pittsburgh. The cemetery is occasionally described as Masonic. It’s not. There is a Masonic temple nearby built years later. There is no connection. The pyramid was intended as a general monument with the names of those buried in the Watch Tower plots engraved onto open books. Rather than being a Masonic symbol, the open book motif derives from the book of Revelation. Those who want to cast Russell as part of some great Masonic conspiracy claim the pyramid embodies the “all seeing eye.” It does not. The pyramid symbol refers to Russell’s belief, shared by many others who did not otherwise hold his views, that the Great Pyramid at Gizah was a divinely inspired testimony in stone to Bible truth. We trace the development of this idea in Chapter Three. The use of the pyramid as a monument was suggested not by the back of the US dollar which had an entirely different design in 1920, but by the grave marker for Charles Piazzi Smyth, a prominent pyramidologist and Astronomer Royal of Scotland.

The monument was installed in 1919, some years after Russell’s death. One source suggests Russell designed it, a Bible Student convention report saying: “The Pyramid, as you will note, has an open book carved on each side, intended by Brother Russell for the names of Bethel workers as they ceased their work and were laid at rest, awaiting the great Resurrection of the first-fruits of the Lord.” [2] A Bible Student web page takes pains to blame the pyramid monument on Rutherford rather than Russell. Neither of these statements is correct. The monument was designed not as a memorial to Russell but “as a memorial to the society.” It was “designed by Brother Bohnet, and accepted by Brother Russell as the most fitting emblem for an enduring monument on the Society’s burial space.” According to Bohnet, work started in 1914. The pyramid’s purpose was not Masonic. [3]

The Bliss Theater

In the 1965 Jehovah’s Witnesses purchased the Bliss Theater in the Sunnyside section of Queens, turning it into an Assembly Hall. The theater, built in 1931, was decorated in an Egyptian motif. Shortly after purchase, the Watchtower Society issued a post card showing the theater before extensive renovations began. Because the original Egyptian symbols appear in the photo, the post card image is used as proof of enduring Masonic connections. In fact the Watchtower Society renovated the theater, replacing the neo-Egyptian décor with Bible-based paintings. The symbolism on the front of the theater was removed as well. A mindless determination to find a conspiracy where none exists perpetuates a myth. This type of attack characterizes a vocal but under-educated and rather stupid minority of former adherents. Current photos of the Queens Assembly Hall are available on the Internet. They are easy to find. Those with a determination to remain stupid simply ignore them or do not look for them.

Other symbolisms are also put forward as Masonic. The vignette in the corner of Zion’s Watch Tower showing arms and armor and a shepherd’s crook is one of these. The derivation is from Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. The winged disk motif on later editions of Studies in the Scriptures traces both to Russell’s preoccupation with the Great Pyramid as a supplementary support to Bible revelation and to commonly appearing Egyptian motifs. All things Egyptian were part of a fad in the United States, fueled by archaeological discoveries.

Russell’s Associates and Textual Evidence

Without doubt Russell associated with some who were Masons. His uncle was a Mason. Some of his earliest associates were, and some of his known business associates were Masons. Does this imply that Russell was one? The authors of this book teach. We associate on a regular basis with children. Hopefully, we have passed beyond childhood. Associations do not indicate membership in a group. Find a membership list with Russell’s name on it. That would be good, solid evidence. Present that to us, and we’ll revise this book; otherwise, stop being stupid.

Russell made a few comments on Masons. These are taken out of context; occasionally the quotation is altered. Russell’s comments reflect an outsider’s view of the Masonic brotherhood. The quotation seen in context has Russell say that he was never a Mason. Absent real evidence that he was a Mason, one must reject this claim. Even if we could readily find his name on a lodge membership list, we would be left with proving a grand Masonic conspiracy. That is the stuff of second-rate adventure movies, not history. I am bringing this distasteful task to an end. Certainly some who read this book will not release their grasp on a conspiracy theory that gives them some sense of self-justification or of possessing esoteric knowledge, but the membership lists of the Pittsburgh and Allegheny Lodges are easy to find. Show us his name on one of those lists.

[1] See his commentary on James in any complete edition. He made the comment when considering James chapter one.

[2] Souvenir Notes from the Reunion Convention of Christian Bible Students: Pittsburgh, Pa., November 1-2-3, 1929.

[3] Souvenir Notes from the Bible Student’s Convention: Pittsburgh, Pa., January 2-5, 1919, page 7.

• Terry
    Terry

Blondie, I love this phrase: ".... But it gradually became evident that what was taking place..."

to explain why the Watchtower (mouthpiece of Jehovah charged with printing great Truth at the proper time) was dead wrong!!

They were, as always, just speculating!!

Always, guessing and passing it off as Truth!

....and always WRONG

• Quentin
    Quentin

...smug air...?

Realy MB? I'm sure your a nice guy as well. I left the cult in 1974, after being deluged from the age of three in the wt conspiracy system...I did not call you out personly, I stated my personel observation in reply to Old Goat's comment. After all the other comments made, mine is the only one that was smug. Thanks for the attention. By the way I'm a Freemason, twenty-five years plus. That I can be smug about.

• mind blown
    mind blown

http://www.jwfacts.com/

Charles Taze Russell is buried in a family owned grave at the Rosemont United Cemetery, 226 CemeteryLane, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This cemetery contains the remains of known Masons and overlooks a Masonic temple. It is claimed that Russell was embalmed at death and next to his grave is a pyramid erected as a memorial. Weighing several tons, it is complete with symbols of the knight's templar, All-Seeing-Eye and the inscription Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society.

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/russellpyramid.html

monument to be erected as a memorial to the Society? Is this information correct.

Above the Bibles are spaces for inscriptions in full, W.T.B & T.S., I.B.S.A., ‘Dead with Christ’, ‘Risen with Christ’, etc. And above these the Cross and Crown and Wreath, and the whole capped with the apex stone, highly polished — its shape of course being pyramidal. Within the structure, incased in a block of granite, will be a sealed metal box in which is a complete set of Karatol Scripture Studies, the Memorial Tower, and one of every tract, photographs of Pastor Russell, a copy of the Society’s charter, and many other things to interest the people who at some future date may open the pyramid and find them.

Quentin, so why are you still hanging around here? Nice. A Freemason on JWN. We can pick your brain........ As far as I can see the other posters have been despensing info......not character observations/assasinations......maybe I missed those.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit