I wish there were more JW's resisting the extreme elements within the religion

by Hermano 68 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

" Bullies prey on loners and part of bullying is making the victim feel like everyone is against him."

"What if the brother who sent his kids to college got together with the brother who talks to his disfellowshipped son and the brother who barely goes out in service and just had a good time talking about anything and everything except for the religion? "

they, the ones taking the lead won't allow this to happen, ever! they purposely make the service groups to keep independant thinkers separated.

They love bomb certain individuals and ignore others to separate them. I have seen it with my very eyes and witnessed it first hand, the controllers splitting up fellowship of like-minded individuals. They will drive a wedge between husband/wife, parent/child if they have to . Anything to keep control.

like I said before a classic example of workplace/religious bullying

• Hermano
    Hermano

they, the ones taking the lead won't allow this to happen, ever! they purposely make the service groups to keep independant thinkers separated.

I agree they don't want it to happen, but if a moderate witness wants to invite some other moderate witnesses to his house for dinner, what are the elders going to say? If the elders say that brother is spiritually weak why are you having dinner with him, the moderate witness can just say he was trying to encourage him. Did Jesus not say that the sick are the ones that need care?

I suspect the leadership doesn't like this because they can end up losing multiple members at a time instead of just one. Sucks to be a cult leader these days. The sheep just aren't as meek as they used to be.

• hoser
    hoser

The problem is you never know who to trust. Once labelled "apostate" or "critical of the organization" no one will have anything to do with you. It is a very narrow road to walk on indeed.

• Hermano
    Hermano

The problem is you never know who to trust. Once labelled "apostate" or "critical of the organization" no one will have anything to do with you. It is a very narrow road to walk on indeed.

Yes indeed. Perhaps the backstabbing environment is fostered by the leaders on purpose to create the isolation?

This is why I suggest not directly saying anything critical of the organization. Of course if they were to share something critical it would do no harm to listen sympathetically. But even just exploring and participating in fun activities that have nothing do to with religion can be extremely therapeutic. It might even help someone get in touch with a part of their authentic self they had forgotten about.

• hoser
    hoser

Perhaps the backstabbing environment is fostered by the leaders on purpose to create the isolation?

this is one thing I agree with wholeheartedly!

one idea I had to get people thinking is to ask what would jesus do? what does the bible say about lying, slander, non scriptural rules etc?

that way it puts the onus back on the word of god and not many are willing to argue with that

• Hermano
    Hermano

one idea I had to get people thinking is to ask what would jesus do? what does the bible say about lying, slander, non scriptural rules etc?

that way it puts the onus back on the word of god and not many are willing to argue with that

Yes, I think some of Jesus words and actions present a problem to the regime. Perhaps that's why they rather keep the focus on old testament Jehovah?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As much as I admire the sentiment, and every bit counts, it is not likely to have that much of an effect. The elders quickly come down on anyone that appears to be a dissenter, marking such a person.

I agree with WTWizard that the best way to have an affect is not to donate. Money is king. Even that will take time to make a great difference, as there are large numbers of childless older ones leaving their estates.

Putting in a report with only 1 hour a month is another great statement. It quantifies the increasing levels of weakness in a congregation.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Putting in a report with only 1 hour a month is another great statement. It quantifies the increasing levels of weakness in a congregation.

Sounds like a good idea. If the elders try to hassle you about it you can always let them know you're doing your best. An apathetic Witness is a far greater threat to the regime than a vocal "apostate".

The elders quickly come down on anyone that appears to be a dissenter, marking such a person.

Agreed. The whole idea is passive resistance though. It's dissenting without appearing to dissent. And how can the elders object if three "spiritually weak" brothers get together for dinner?

And yes, not donating is a tremendous way to make a difference and since it's annonymous you can't readily be singled out.

Thanks for you feedback jwfacts.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Sounds like a good idea. If the elders try to hassle you about it you can always let them know you're doing your best. An apathetic Witness is a far greater threat to the regime than a vocal "apostate".

The elders quickly come down on anyone that appears to be a dissenter, marking such a person.

Agreed. The whole idea is passive resistance though. It's dissenting without appearing to dissent. And how can the elders object if three "spiritually weak" brothers get together for dinner?

And yes, not donating is a tremendous way to make a difference and since it's annonymous you can't readily be singled out.

Thanks for you feedback jwfacts.

All the above are great ideas, but how can JWs learn about those ideas without raising their apostate shields? How can JWs be educated in a way that peaks their interest and starts their minds to think?

@ jwfacts, Are you planning to write articles on www.jwfacts.com about ways to passively promote change in the WTBTS? Will you be writing an article about how the WTBTS tries to convince JWs to loan money or donate their estates to the WTBTS on www.jwfacts.com? Will you be writing articles about how the WTBTS mandates KH renovations, KH building, and/or selling KH's and Assembly Halls to raise money for the WTBTS?

Did you read the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/225837/1/Any-suggestions-on-handling-financial-abuse-of-a-senior-by-the-Watchtower-Bible-and-Tract-Society? The aforementioned article had several ideas about ways that siblings could help protect their senior parents from getting ripped off by the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Extreme elements from within are not going to change anything. I think the tipping point will be more a matter of bland ineptitude à la the Sparlock video, perhaps their new Internet-based exploits.

Don't worry folks, just let them trip over themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit