SPARLOCK has been banned on YOutube!!!!!

by usualusername 73 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I get that they're trying to protect legal copyrights, but that begs the question: why they don't just post the movie themselves? I mean wouldn't they want their spiritual food available to the bazillions of people who are on Youtube every day? It seems that their message would make it to more people on an average Friday afternoon than it would knocking in the doors of empty houses.

I know next to nothing (actually nothing) about posting stuff on youtube. If there's not a way for the owner to disable the comments, I'm guessing that's why they don't do it.

R_O

• usualusername
    usualusername

The reason it has been banned is not due to negative comments (as they can be disabled)

Its to make the Witnesses gush at the assemblies when it is released mainly.

At a biring assembly it was nice to get a release.

TO this day i still remember the release of the greatest man who ever lived.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just a quick question, who are what is this Sparlock character? Look like it's a cartoon character or some character in an upcoming movie or something?

I have a feeling since I'm so out of the loop about this that if indeed anybody does take the time to explain, I only hope I will be given the respect that Mouthy or some of our other senior posters would be given.

• elderelite
    elderelite

So again, who dosent think the borg will sue for copywrite infringment over this....?

• usualusername
    usualusername

A DVD was released for kids.

In one chapter Caleb a boy of 3 was told that his toy (given by a friend at school) Sparlock was magical and made Jehovah sad.

He then threw it in the bin.

CReepy video when seen.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Shirley W check out this link http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-watchtowers-new-toy-story-what-parents-need-to-know

Elderelite I knew they would sue. This generation of WT lawyers and GB is a reincarnation of Rutherford.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Well, at least this confirms that the idiocy is genuine and not an elaborate parody.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

ATTENTION

This is what I received:

We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:

• from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Lesson 2 What toy is Caleb playing with How does he become Jehovahs friend - YouTube.flv - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: 8jGJxSky1fo
    • from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Lesson 1- Why should you obey Daddy and Mommy Learn the answer with Caleb .avi - YouTube.flv - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: kUor9wkgbLk
    • from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Anthony Morris III - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: u5PFdJQDmz4
    • from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Lesson 1 For Little Caleb. Obey Your Parents. - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: Ue_mAzaAaQs
    • from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Song 120 Listen Obey And Be Blessed - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: -8wPvvzCxWc
    • from Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania about Lesson 2 For Little Caleb. Obey Jehovah :( - AmeliaAshtonBrooke
      Video ID: 9PnbDA02Y6A
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Discreetslave,

you mean the WTS will even try to sue someone for an opinion

that's what cedars gave, was his opinion

what makes an opinion illegal,

Hope someone who knows about the laws can explain it to us

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

TBH Im surprised they lasted as long as they did.

However, they can't keep Sparlock down!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit