Simple answer, please! Scientifically explain the origin of life coming from nothing!

by Silent_Scream 170 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Ok..................

I'm Bored............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So now, atheists, the stage is yours. Where's the evidence in this critical part of your beliefs?

False premise . . . atheism is not a belief. Some will just never get thier head around that it seems.

READ IT AGAIN (yes, I'm shouting) . . . Atheism is not an "alternative set of beliefs" . . . why is that so difficult?

I want/need proof!

If you want proof . . . why don't you get cracking and get looking for yourself from a neutral and honest standpoint? A challenge on a forum is either lazy or has an agenda . . . take your pick. Pitching your beliefs against what others think will only get you so far. At some stage you need to take responsibility for what your own mind decides, and get used to the fact that very few people will give a shit as to what that actually is.

If you're simply seeking to validate your own belief . . . you won't get any help from atheists. You will accomplish that all by yourself.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Some basic evidence - please forgive my lack of links and garbled interpretation here - leaving a page on my iPad erases everything I've written so this will simply be some things I have read that I am regurgitating badly.

1/ The earliest fossils show simple life forms and as the fossil record progresses through time we see complexity increasing as mutations and information multiply so giving rise to larger life forms. We can wind the clock backwards and point to times when there was no life on earth. In between the no life, earliest fossil records of life something occurred. There are several possible options: life was randomly seeded from other planets on meteoroids, abiogenesis occurred or a life form engineered simple life forms. What is not an option is that magic occurred. Since our planet is constantly seeding bacteria onto other planets within our solar system and with some notable unknown possibles (like Europa) it is clear that bacterial seeding faces massive challenges since we haven't got abundant manifestations of life on nearby planetary bodies.

2/ Self organising systems occur spontaneously when energy gradients operate upon molecules. Under certain circumstances and chemical recipes complex molecules observed within living cells form. We can observe mud in solution forming tiny bubbles with osmotic properties including the all critical electrical gradient ( as salts leach out or in - cant remember the direction ) an electrical imbalance occurs like a battery. Within the mud bubbles complex chemistry can occur which shows similarities to cell functionality. Apols again for not having the link but it was in the New Scientist mag.

3/ RNA shows many of the characteristics of DNA but critically can express proteins without the extra catalysts observed when DNA does so. RNA is an excellent precursor to DNA as a self replicating chemical system.

4/ Viruses show how replicating systems can exist without the full capabilities of more recognisable life. The very first replicating system, if abiogenesis was how it occurred here, would not be recognisable as life today but would have more in common with viral life than our cells. New abiogenetic systems might occur all the time but are unsuccessful in a world teeming with far more evolved life forms.

5/ New mathematical models show that simple information sets can contain the rules for more complex supersets, in short certain mathematical rules allow mandate increasing complex sets from an initial starting simple set. This is exciting because while we observe the complex deriving from the simple all the time in our human designed world the mathematical rules recently discovered show select circumstances where non intelligent information can drive to complexity simply because it must. BBC news report plus others.

• bohm
    bohm

Bohm: s o should we or should we not reject ideas which has no supportive evidence?

SS: ...the answer is we should reject it.

BINGO!

If you notice, science has not accepted any particular idea for abiogenesis as true, in line with what you suggest. So what?

• Silent_Scream
  • sizemik
    sizemik
    Believers are painted as ignorant. If that's the case, so are atheists. There's no proof to substantiate the claims life came from non-life.

Who ever said atheists claim life came from non-life?

Your statements are very naieve.

• kepler
    kepler

RE:

Icannot prove the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

No human can absolutely prove it in a sense because no human ever took a tape measure and measured it. Either, no human has ever been to the sun.

A lot went into figuring out the distance (time/temperature/etc formulas), but I do have faith their calculations are correct.

The answer is based on current accesible data and conclusions. So there is a fair amount of evidence to make the conclusion.

----------------

Then maybe we can't help you. Proof of the sun's position is not based on tape measures but geometry. A a full eclipse of the sun occured last Sunday and Venus will do an observable solar transit next month. That's were the ancients and the 17th century observers got their start.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

sizemik - If you want proof . . . why don't you get cracking and get looking for yourself from a neutral and honest standpoint? A challenge on a forum is either lazy or has an agenda . . . take your pick. Pitching your beliefs against what others think will only get you so far. At some stage you need to take responsibility for what your own mind decides, and get used to the fact that very few people will give a shit as to what that actually is.

Why does this not apply to atheists? why must they jump on any and every thread to belittle the ideas of theists?

Atheists, next time you would like to post your ideas/"facts"/"evidence", remember sizemik's words. At some stage you need to take responsibility for what your own mind decides, and get used to the fact that very few people will give a shit as to what that actually is.

• designs
    designs

LIGO and LISA should offer some answers. Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory and Laser Interferometer Space Antenna. Learning about strings and waves. Once there is convincing experimental evidence then the space-time structure can be understood- Tye and Polchinski.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Who ever said atheists claim life came from non-life?

Your statements are very naieve.

Lol. No matter how you think the universe got started, at some point life HAD have a start. Unless atheists believe life has been since time eternal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit