Scientific reasons for belief in God v moral arguments against belief

by yadda yadda 2 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    to cofty - who else?

As I thought, saying exactly what you mean or infer seems a problem for you. I think you know damn well what Cofty's Law is yet you won't come out and say to whom you think it applies to. Perhaps you should change your name to passive+aggressive.

Again, to whom are you directing your Cofty's Law statement on this thread?

edit: off to read more of yadda's link and I promise to share only what I have understood. is that okay with you twitch?

If you can surmise what you've read in your own words and defend your statements, that would indicate you've understood it. Then we can discuss it. Otherwise, it's a bit of a waste of time for both of us IMO.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

another strawman

• Twitch
    Twitch
    another strawman

Pls explain where the strawmen are in this thread, from either me or others.

If this is in reference to my stating you have a habit of being unclear, well, this doesn't help your case.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's simply not fair to stawmen. Stop dissing stawmen---THEY have the courage to look behind the curtain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

• James Brown
    James Brown

lmao @ james brown

So James, in your opinion, what should this board be about, what discussion is allowed, who should post here and who has the authority to moderate?

I'm fine with this topic and the posters that are here.

Of course Simon and his designated moderators are the ones that moderate.

I am responding to one particular poster who has the habit of twisting and reinterpreting things I say.

The truth is the truth when you can find it, where you can find it and how you can find it.

I'm all for finding the truth. I just dont care for twisting it.

Thats how I got out of the Tower.

• NewChapter
  • soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

its a great website yadda yadda and fits very well with what I have learned.

• Twitch
    Twitch

As I thought. Can't or won't back up the statements

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I tend to agree with yadda yadda 2, esp para 3&4. If it's true, I'm the winner, if not, I haven't lost anything.

Also agree with what James Brown said on bottom of first page. I do listen and consider what those who don't believe in God say. Whatever, I live my life as best I can. This may be all I have, who knows? Don't believe in Thor, but I like his name.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Dear NewChapter, I admire your self-control, and I agree laughing at people who have no argument and so have to resort to personal attacks is the best way, well done.

It is noteworthy that threads such as this soon degenerate from the level of sensible discussion to Ad Hominem attacks by believers, because of the paucity of their arguments and the total lack of proof for their position.

They will be calling us "mentally diseased" next, or has that already happened ?

I did not start the Ad Hominem attacks

first attack

LOL--at 90 posts you are now telling longtime members they don't belong here, and defining the board. That's so cute.

I didnt tell anybody they did not belong here and 90 post is Ad Hominem attack

90 post has nothing to do with the veracity of what I am posting so it is an ad hominem attack on my charcter, having

only 90 post.

I tend never to start things, but I do hit back harder when I get hit.

I'd be more than happy if she would just stay on the topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit