Scientific reasons for belief in God v moral arguments against belief

by yadda yadda 2 97 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'll give you another hint this is not a scientific posting board.

You are far more in the wrong place than any believers are.

LOL--at 90 posts you are now telling longtime members they don't belong here, and defining the board. That's so cute.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    science isn't only about the scientific method - this is quite reductive and most assuredly isn't all that science is about.

Ok, then what is science all about then, beyond the scientific method?

A huge aspect of science is experimental nature testing the limits to which it can go. Both religion and science agree on one thing - that the scientific method can only go so far

Science doesn't have all the answers. So? Does this prove the existence of god then?

you doubting thomas

lol, is this some some of passive aggressive insult? Since when is it a bad thing to doubt and thus have questions?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

newchapter - you have this strange habit of creating strawman arguments

You were the one that said the scientific method was not the only thing that science was about. I pointed out that without the method, science would not exist today. You want to benefit from the scientific method when it, well, benefits you.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

twitch, your lol tells me you took it as i intended - thankyou

• Twitch
    Twitch
    philosophy and religion do and therefore complement science.

How so? With respect to what?

twitch, your lol tells me you took it as i intended - thankyou

As a joke, yes ;)

• FlyingHighNow
  • James Brown
    James Brown

LOL--at 90 posts you are now telling longtime members they don't belong here, and defining the board. That's so cute.

As usual you are full of it.

You dont know who I am or who you are.

I've been here in various forms long before you pulled your head out of your tail, foolish lady.

roflmao

• Twitch
    Twitch

eh, whatever. Back to the discussion...

As regards the OP, the golden rule is golden whether there is a god or not. Strange that some believers preach but don't practise it. Over and over again.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Ah reincarnated. Well I suppose that explains why you think you have the authority to tell posters who have a right to be here and who don't. Banned?

• James Brown
    James Brown

Listen crazy lady. Quit putting words in my mouth.

I can tell why your old and you got no man.

I'm not saying who has a right to be here.

I know the person who runs this board is an athiest.

But logically this board is for Jehovahs witness to network on.

You were not born or raised in the borg.

The JW's are a quasi Christian organization. Not an atheisitic organization.

Why are you here? You were not born in. You came in late in life and you are a scientist athiest?

You cant relate to someone who was born and raised in the organization.

Are you hoping the Ex JW's jump out of the frying pan of the watchtower agency and into your fires of hell?

Its like some of you atheist are trying to recruit. Recruit to what? The darkenss?

Go ahead and twist what I said. How do you take care of yourself with such diminished mental capactity?

I say what I say . Dont twist it and interpret it to mean something else to fit your agenda.

And please before you start twisting read my post and put your little brain in gear before you start typing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit