Did you go out door to door after you knew you were finished.

by GeneM 48 Replies latest jw friends

• GeneM
    GeneM

I did for a year. I falsified reports, had fake RV's, told groups I was meeting up with other groups and went home just to show a presense. I wasn't fading though, because of my situation I had to play like everything was fine. When I did go door to door all I could bring myself to say was like 'hey I'm offering the Watchtower and the Awake to people today' /doorslam.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Falsified reports !!!!! you need to make that clear to Slimboyfat

he's a true believer that all reports and stat from the WTS is factual

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Nope. I tried though. Couldn't perpetuate a lie.

• GeneM
    GeneM

My wife at the time alerted the elders that I was having doubts... that will teach me to be honest... so I had to look perfect of paper or they would come after me and insist that we have a pow wow and weekly bible studies to reinforce my faith (my elders were super proactive). So deconverted in my mind only and lived a total lie for a year, like an actor on stage, even at home.

Actually lieing to householders was a bridge too far... I couldnt help them win converts. Oh and if ANYONE thinks the reports aren't cowshit, they're insane. Between the pioneer shuffle, RV's across town, break counting for a car group, starting time before meeting with the group, gas station witnessing (driving around aimlessly), there is nothing getting done out there.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My wife and I have a few elderly RVs who just like it when we show up and talk with them. No bible study, magazine presentation. We just let them talk. That's the only way I will go out anymore.

• GeneM
    GeneM

I had a guy in a nursing home I went to for years. He had a stroke and couldn't talk or walk or read. The only thing he like was for me to read the bible to him. Thats why to this day I can not only say I've read the bible, but I can say I've read the entire bible out loud.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Slimboyfat- In the off chance you read this... bad news bro, the only way *ANY* service report is 100% accurate is if the reporting method is followed by the letter with what is printed in the Organized book. I only know of a few service nazi's that actually do that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I didn't. I just quit all of it, resigned as an elder, and only attended less than a half a dozen meetings after I realized it was over form me.

• GeneM
    GeneM

That's attested by Ceders posts. If it takes 30 years of preaching to get a babtism, and thats not removing born-ins, how the hell is any of that time legit?

• Honesty
    Honesty

No.

I DA'd 2 years later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit