Did you go out door to door after you knew you were finished.

by GeneM 48 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

towards the end of my time in the cult i did two weird things in relation to field service.

1st i did not take my bookbag. i would just go out with the bible and talk to people(sometimes just the living bible not NWT)

2nd i would not cout time. about 6 months to a year i stopped turning in the time slips.

• I quit!
    I quit!

No. I couldn't even go out in service once I started doubting. It was too painful to go around trying to get others to believe in things I wasn't sure about myself. Once I was sure it was a load of crap I made a hasty exit out of the cult.

• life is to short
    life is to short

NO! I just could not do it once I knew that they truly were sending child molesters door to door, I just could not be a part of that. Sitting at a meeting for field service and seeing the pedophile being giving a black slap by one of the elders and letting him go was enough for me, that was the last straw.

LITS

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I haven't turned in a FS report for like 8 months never plan to again. Using mental distress to my advantage. But I sense soon elders will start pressing me. Just got moved to a new service group. When I heard that I just shook my head "no". After all the scriptures clearly say "not all should become teachers" HA....

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I finished the service before I knew that I was finished.

• nugget
    nugget

Went out once hated every minute my heart wasn't in it.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

No, went two more times to the KH and never went back.

Lost a Son and Daughter and Grandkids to the cult.

But gained a Son and his Family.

• flipper
    flipper

No, not at all. I quit cold turkey in late 2003 , left before the meeting started, picked my books up off the seat in the kingdom hall and exited through the doors never going back. Meetings OR service. I've been really happy since making that decision

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I did... rarely. I pretended to go out. I would cut out after about an hour of knocking on doors and pretend I had return visits I had to go on. A lot of times when we had odd numbers of people knocking on doors, I'd volunteer to go by myself. This way I could just do a generic presentation and leave.

• oompa
    oompa

sadly gm...your not really finished if you still go door to door...or even think about it maybe...but you had a lot to learn my dear poster boy of dread...most of my life sadly i pretty much hated the ministry and let everyone know it...and asked why the hey we had to do this and was there not some better way? and i cheated every way i could to not go out...but man how did you not learn the fake door knock and fake door bell push?!?!?!? you actually TALKED to somebody and offered the mags?!?!?!? omg you poor thing............oompa

we evidently need a "how to fake your way through the door to door ministry" thread and utube quality video with several examples of ways to survive the door to door agony....i'm on it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit