Norwegian branch up for sale

by InquiryMan 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Danmark might get a lidt boost in numbers from the merger. Praize the Lard

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

And they might need it cause there are less witnesses now than in 1975...

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

Can someone from Norway update on this? Was the branch sold?

We know they will reach to 1BM with their sales in NYC, but they are/were also selling in Norway, Sweden, Ireland, New Zealand, Switzerland, Austria and Czech Republic. I bet they will made a few bucks from those too.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Senior housing for the neediest of the Witnesses.

Is there some sort of disconnect that they don't see the obvious?

• valkyrie
    valkyrie
    vivalavida: Can someone from Norway update on this? Was the branch sold?

According to online news on ØB.no (here: http://www.oblad.no/nyheter/mener-jehovas-vitners-tekster-kan-fore-til-tragedie-1.7934992), the administration has moved to Denmark, but some limited activities continue at the Norwegian site. So, no sale yet.

The article's theme, however is that the JW organisation in Norway (represented by the branch office) was last month (June 2013) reported to the police for investigation, on the grounds of "racisim, hate speech, and inciting to the murder of defectors"- in contravention of the Penal Code. The bases for the charge are texts in the Watchtower, during the period 1952-2011.

[For those who use a Google English translation, "reviewed" should actually read "reported" (as in to lodge a formal complaint with the police).]

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I forgot to include (above) that the police complaint against the organisation (Norwegian branch office of JW) was filed by Roar Henriksen.

Henriksen is a former Jehovah's Witness, and author of a book on JWs, entitled "God lives in Brooklyn" (Gud bor i Brooklyn, 2004).

• designs
    designs

'Hat Speech' in the magazines-120 years and counting, that should keep a public prosecutor busy for a few months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit