Norwegian branch up for sale

by InquiryMan 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I hope they get purchased and dedicated to the worship of Thor!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I hope the Norse claim it back on the grounds that they were scammed.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I am somewhat surprised. Ironically the 2012 YB features Norway and of course says nothing about plans to sell the branch facilities.

I can imagine the branch closings will continue on apace until maybe just 10 large branches remain.

Jehovah's rich blessing is so richly on the wts.

They look like they are really going downhill and I have no doubt that donations have dropped off precipitously in the past decade.

Thor would bless the facilities more than Jehovah is!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The same people who were so enthusiastically doing R&M & upgrades a couple of years ago will now be telling you how the amalgamation makes so much sense.

• mP
    mP

@factfinder

is it fair to say that the big honchos who decide to sell pretty much never inform the dumb sap who writes up some words for the YB ? Whats the bet that those writers find out after everybody else that the .no branch was sold. I guess it makes their message not a lie but then again its hardly Honest.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Brother Pierce will be happy to inform us that the Governing Body is not certain what Jehovah’s will is.

• cedars
    cedars

Brother Pierce will be happy to inform us that the Governing Body is not certain what Jehovah’s will is.

Whatever happens, if the Great Tribulation comes, it will be "wonderful, absolutely wonderful"!!

http://ex-jw.com/governing-body-admits-doubts-over-new-headquarters-plans#more-5341

That much is clear...

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

Consolidation and downsizing is a business response to financial pressures. A religion when successful expands it does not contract. The physical presence in a country is more than a printing works it provides a physical link to the hierarchy. It shows fellowship and unity. By taking away the branch there is a disconnect and the members in that country will feel less important and significant than those countries that have a branch of their own.

The religion is becoming two tiered, important countries and those who are less important. None of their behaviour sits well with the idea of people being organised after Armageddon and if witnesses stop and think they too would realise that branch closures show that the leadership does not believe Armageddon is coming soon. After all why the rush to save resources that have no place in a paradise earth. If the big A is so close then having branches open for a few extra months is better than closing them surely.

It's a business pure and simple.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

These aren't just small, recently established branches they are closing. Aren't the Norway and Switzerland branches among the oldest outside of the United States?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Apologies to Outlaw

"The "

"WBT$"..

"Bethel UnEmployment Program"..

http://www.toughtimesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/st-marys-soup-kitchen-sign.jpg

ST. Marys Catholic Church..

Soup Kitchen..

"A Wonderful place to Meet"..

"Former WBT$ Bethelites"..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit