Norwegian branch up for sale

by InquiryMan 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

OUTLAW is back with us, reincarnated as Black Sheep!!

Great stuff.

Cedars

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    OUTLAW is back with us

I wish...

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

some witnesses are saying that this is not downsizing as the small branches are moving to bigger branches for efficiency. But this is definitely not the case as bethelites are not being moved elswhere they are being sent home. the so called bigger branches are not growing bigger - they are staying the same and in some cases becoming smaller.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The WTS is already worshiping Thaw . . .

• wasblind
    wasblind

Say that again Slim " Those aren't just small, recently established branches their closing "

And just think, you still " TRUST " their numbers on growth

cedars told ya

didn't he tell ya ???

did ya listen ???

and now ya askin 'bout what's hap'nin

TOLD YA

• factfinder
    factfinder

@mp- yes it is entirely possible that the head honchos in charge of selling wt real estate do NOT inform those in the writing Dept, of their future plans. They want the articles to be as possitive as possible showing Jehovah's rich blessing.

Those in Norway will no doubt feel confused and disconnected as news of their branch closing reaches them. Norway was the only Scandinavian branch to have an increase this year.

Norway and Switzerland are amoung the earliest branch offices. The branch in Oslo was opened in 1904, the year before Norway gained official independence from Sweden!

I agree that the continuous branch closings, downsizing of the headquarters facilities and constant cutbacks in literature production (paperback books instead of hardcover, changing frequency of g, going to 16 page magazines) are all indicitive of financial setbacks.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

To add to my previous post: It doesn't only have to do with printing.

• steve2
    steve2

Denmark must hold the record for the most glacial growth rate of publishers in the entire Western world.

In the 1980s, they had about 12,500.

Almost a full 30 years later, they have 14,500.

In-between, there have been several years of zero growth or decrease. And still they keep baptizing them.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was wrong. Denmark also had an increase last year: 1%

Norway had a 2% increase.

• steve2
    steve2
    I was wrong. Denmark also had an increase last year: 1%

So, let me guess. After years of zero growth and a few of on-the-quiet of decrease, last year's 1% increase brings Denmark to about level-pegging with its mid-1990s actual number of publishers.

Let's break out the memorial wine and celebrate Jehovah making the small number, mighty. One can imagine the throat-choking pride that would have radiated through-out the emptying kingdom halls of that country as the oldies waxed lyrical about the "marvellous increase". Now let's just see them maintain that wonderful "growth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit