Elders breaking Confidentiality - I want this thread to be dirtyy

by usualusername 50 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

I was taught at the MTS School that no elder has ever broke confidentiality.

Did my instructors lie to me?

UUN

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

You ever want the scoop on what's happening in the congregation, make close friends with one of the elder's wives.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes...obviously

Thats based on what I've heard from elders on this board.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh I love it when the 'dubs make statements with absolutes.

If you end up as a close friend to an elder, you will know what's going on in the congregation. Who slept with who, who drinks too much, who the chronic masterbator was. I knew way too much about the pubs in the hall and I never served as an elder

• Iamallcool
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Did my instructors lie to me?

They sure did.

- I recall one clumsy elder who announced at a meeting for field service that brother So-and-So had been privately reproved for drinking.

- In another instance an elder talked to another elder in another town, who was completely disconnected from the case, about a serious wrong doing by someone he knew. I overheard it too, and I was not an elder.

- One elder told me about a brother who had had sex relations with a woman he was divorced from. (The brother thought that since they were still married in God's eyes it was ok.) The elder telling me this didn't mention names, but he was so specific that I knew exactly who he was talking about; it was someone I knew and liked a lot. I was sickened by the elder's violation of his privacy.

- An elder told me about one sister, by name, that had attempted suicide.

There are other examples where elders have started rumors, without revealing names, to discredit certain individuals in the congregation. I believe it's a method they sometimes use to bring a brother or sister down, but by not giving a name the elder(s) remain blameless.

I can't wait to hear some of the really egregious examples of elders violating confidentiality.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ha!

Noooo, they would NEVER lie to you!

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is SO ridiculous. Yes he was lying to you.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Let’s see here…

My employer was the PO of a hall that I had recently moved from. We ended up working alone together for a about a week. During that week I learned more about the people in that congregation than I had learned in years of knowing them personally.

Among the list of things I found out about: Serious mental illnesses, marriages with problems, I knew every sexually active teen in the hall (that he knew about), I knew who had been privately reproved and why, I knew about a couple couples who were swingers, who had booze problems, who thought they had “demon problems (see serious mental issues), he even told me about an ongoing issue with several congregations thinking they had apostates among them. OF course each of these things he told me I had the strict instructions to keep confidential.

In all my years of being a witless there is only 1 disfellowshipping that I still don’t know why it happened. The guy was a drifter and outsider and had a good reputation as a ladies man and partier, I’m sure it was one of those two things but the real word never really came through. The funny thing is the guy has been to like 1 meeting in the past 10 years.

I personally know of JC’s where only one (or two in some cases) knew of the “sin” going into the JC and by the time it was over the juicy details had been spread around the cong. In a couple cases these “leaks” meant that the issue went from being privately reproved to publicly reproved because the congregation knew about it.

The comment about Elder’s wives is SO true. It does not take a rocket scientist to put things together.

The Elder suddenly starts researching X___________<insert random sin>, Then he has a mysterious meeting during the week maybe a couple meetings he may even mention it’s a JC, maybe a phone call or two comes in from some random person they don’t normally hear from… a few weeks later an announcement is made…

The wife puts 2 and 2 together and spreads the word.

The reality is you can only trust yourself. So if you want your discretions to remain confidential, don’t tell anyone.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh, puh-leeeeeeeeze! They wouldn't even be talking about it if it weren't a problem!!!

Duh.

Now they can add lying to their list of sins. Oh, sorry, that's already on the list. In fact it's been there since 1874!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit