Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

New Chapter, I know you've been accused of being arrogant and pushy, but I don't see that at all. You've been nothing but fair, reasonable and logical. Snarky, sometimes, yes......but we all are sometimes and I dont' believe it needs to be called out every time it happens

Thank you Palm. And yes, I own my snarkiness! But I'm not sure how I got singled out earlier, kind of out of the blue, but I so appreciate you posting the above. Snarky is one thing, but I've never called names or called anyone stupid etc. At least I don't think so---there's always a chance I zoned out. But I agree, when something hinting toward disrespect against believers comes out, then there is an immediate reaction. However they sit by and watch as we are called names, called evil, called criminals etc. Strangely silent. F bombs---it just doesn't matter. So the double standard is there---I'm good with it because I've come to expect it. Still, it's nice to read what you said above.

CN

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But I'm not sure how I got singled out earlier, kind of out of the blue, but I so appreciate you posting the above.

Because of the post you made about treating believers like children.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---FHN---your superiority is duly noted. I am still such a vicitm of watchtower, and have so far to go before I can be like you. Cheap shots---all---no matter how much you try to couch them in sweet words.

Now---how about all those names I was called and the F bombs that were dropped on me. Would you like to call out some others in your infinite wisdom?

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

And just how do you treat non believers FHN?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ohhh pay no attention to me, NC's got it!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes, FHN, I told James he was treating believers like children. Would you like to call him out also? Afterall---I called him out not for coming after atheists, but for going after believers and treating them like children to be coddled. Seems to me, I was advocating for believers---and you would see that as I expressed it quite clearly in an earlier post. That I thought they'd given a great deal of thought, and showed intent in their chosen worldview and were NOT children that I had to just be patient with.

I don't know what it is FHN---there has been something there for some time. You definitely get more irritated with me than you do with others using even stronger language and less tact. And I still have yet to hear you say a word about names that I have been called---and please don't. It's not important to me. But you seem to think you have some superior understanding and ways, and it simply comes out to me that maybe you have an issue with me, and so you take cheap shots (WT shots), and continually single out my style as opposed to others.

NC

• talesin
    talesin

Here's my 2 on the subject.

Passive Aggressive Behavior Explained:

What is passive aggressive behavior? A learned behavior that keeps a person from expressing anger in a healthy manner. The passive aggressive person is an angry, spiteful person who outwardly appears friendly, kind and caring.

If you are involved with a passive aggressive you will find yourself frustrated, like you’ve done something wrong that keeps the passive aggressive from being able to relate to you emotionally.

The most prevalent negative behavior a passive aggressive displays is withholding or withdrawing. They withdraw during conflict leaving you feeling as if you are responsible for solving all problems yourself.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Since we are pointing out NC's good qualities....

New chapter, I am constantly amazed at your ability to reason through ideas while abuse is hurled at you. I think you are an inspiration.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    But I'm not sure how I got singled out earlier, kind of out of the blue, but I so appreciate you posting the above.

Because of the post you made about treating believers like children.

I don't think that was it.

Every so often, there must be a meltdown to relieve pressure. Then all is well for a while. Gradually builds to another meltdown....Sweet release!!.....and all is well again.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I second that emotion!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit