Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Wow, all my favorite girls on one thread, where's poopsie ??

Yeah! Where is that woman?

squeezes Wuz!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

New Chapter...I forgot to mention...I love your communication style...but then it has been pointed out that my mentality is still like a JW's too so there you go....proof!....LOL

I'm in good company then!

Haven't you ever been away from the forum and cringed at how opinionated we can all be? And then it hits you how it's like residual jw behavior traits.

No FHN. I've never been away and cringed at my opinions or felt that I have residual jw traits. I wouldn't take that cheap shot even at myself.

NC

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey beks,

I just finshed watchin' Ed Schultz, I'm watchin' rachel Maddow now then I'm goin to bed

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, cringed at how opinionated we all can be on the forum, not our own opinions. Girl, we both need to read more carefully.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This all started when I pointed out that Dawkins said that polls showed that 45% of Americans believe in the creation account as laid out by Genesis. FHN had a real problem with that, and accused me of taking Dawkins at his word. Well that was true, because I've never known him to fudge figures. Then I did my own research and found a trusted poll that did the survey, and those were their findings. Then it morphed into FHN does not believe in polls, and that her personal experience shows otherwise. Well I pointed out that my personal experience was in line with the poll, which is why personal experience is not a good measure, and why we use polls. But she doesn't believe in polls. I believe I said something like it was okay if she didn't believe in polls, because I don't believe in a god. It's never been the same since. It was like I tried to support my comments, and that was wrong. I was supposed to go with her personal experience instead. There was absolutely nothing I could say that was acceptable, and in the end, anything other than conceding the point made me opinionated. So be it. NC

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, it's an observation I've made over the years on the ex jw forums. Ex JW's come out and they approach arguements much in the JW style of debating. It's nothing personal and it's not a cheap shot. It's the truth. We all do it at one point. And then we do it again if we don't catch it and correct it.

• talesin
    talesin

Palm - yes, once the PA is identified, they are to be studiously avoided.

Seconding Ber's answer --- NO.

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

New Chapter, you can be guilty of treating Dawkins like he's infallible. He isn't. And do realize that your summation is a paraphrase and not my words.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No, cringed at how opinionated we all can be on the forum, not our own opinions. Girl, we both need to read more carefully.

I read quite carefully FHN, and responded as I did on purpose. Because when it comes to the label of opinionated, it generally means a person holds to their OPPOSITE (we don't lay the charge against those that agree with us) opinion strongly---which I do---and therefore, I have never regretted any of my opinions. Even if I change an opinion, I won't regret past opinions, because I have thought about them, and stuck to them. However I would regret being wishy washy on things I feel strongly about.

NC

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Palm - yes, once the PA is identified, they are to be studiously avoided.

I'm a slow learner.

Received a tongue lashing from the hubby last night about it, too.

Think the lesson finally sunk in now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit