Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
  • N.drew
    N.drew
    It's a fun story---why drop it?

i DON'T do A LOT OF WORDS OOPS New Chapter. I'm not taking the bait.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi Beks! *waves*

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Beks. Don't worry you got my cartoon on page 2, it all went downhill after that ;)

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hello My Ladies!!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hello Cofty you darling man!!!!

Downhill after that??

• N.drew
  • tec
    tec

It would be interesting to start the conversation from where we stand. That there is no evidence for a god. Then instead of getting into conversations about their god, we insist they first prove this god exists. But we don't really get to start from our True North, and

endlessly get pulled into the murky waters of conflicting beliefs and interpretations.

I would love to have a discussion without pretense with an atheist. Okay, strike that. I would love, if I am having a discussion with an atheist about the existence of God, to have one without pretense. No humoring, or for the sake of argument, kind of thing. It gets confusing, I imagine for both parties involved. Plus, if the bible is the premise of belief/no belief... then the arguments never end, becasue there are so many different things that people take from the book, and so many different ways that people look at the book.

But from the get-go, I would admit up-front that I cannot prove the existence of God. I do not have scientific proof to offer the world.

So it would be a discussion: an exchange of ideas and thought. Some very personal things, and some thoughts on more general things. It would not be a lecture from a podium. Not a debate.

I don't think that kind of discussion can be had here very easily... but if the nature is to discuss and exchange ideas, then perhaps. I know that it can be had elsewhere, because there are atheists and theists who are fast friends without having to tip-toe around the topic. It is very important as well in order for such a discussion to succeed, not to take disagreement with a view personally.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Sorry, I was back on page one :)

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I have a question. Seriously.

Who cares if I am an atheist, and the next guy is a christian and the next guy is a fill in the blank? I mean what is the point of the discussion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit