Aussie Delicacy Vegemite Loses Some of Its Savory Appeal

by Scott77 67 Replies latest social current

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Marmite is rubbish. Ickey stuff. Always has been.

Vegemite rulz except in Denmark where it is banned coz it's got more than it's fair share of vitamins.

• steve2
    steve2
    Marmite is rubbish. Ickey stuff. Always has been.
    Vegemite rulz except in Denmark where it is banned coz it's got more than it's fair share of vitamins.

A man who knows what he is talking about. No contest: Vegemite rulz, Denmark my home country be damned.

• Glander
    Glander

Damn! I consider myself an epicurian adventurer and it frustrates me that i have never had a chance to try vegemite. I read the WSJ article that day and once again said to myself, where can I get a taste of vegemite?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Forget Marmite, its for babys. Like I said try PROMITE by Kraft. Its way nicer.

haha it tastes like badgers shit ............................................ (I can only imagine what badgers shit tastes like)

• Glander
    Glander

OK, where can I get some decent Badger shit?

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...vegemite is one of my all time favorite foods. We just ordered more last night. When the jar gets low, I start getting stressed that the new one will get here by the time I run out. It is like an addiction for me. I like mine slathered on buttered toast. There is nothing better in the culinary world. Every once in a while, they sell it by the big 5 pound plastic tubs. I need to save up, because the buckets cost about $120..."
    ohiocowboy

Where in the United States can one order Vegemite delicacy?

Scott77

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I recently had a friend from Australia stay with us for a couple weeks and she helped us buy a jar of vegemite and showed us what to do with it.

I can see where it is an acquired taste. It wasn't "bad".....it was just different.

Since she's gone home, I have used the vegemite on toast - sparingly. Too much is.....well, too much.

But where I like it the most is when I use it to flavour other things, like soups, stews and sauces.

I might even buy another jar of it, when this one runs out!

• Scott77
    Scott77

In the mind of ohiocowboy,"It is like an addiction for me" .palmtree67, I think you may be heading similar way when you say, 'I might even buy another jar of it, when this one runs out!'

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit