World Could End Soon (Oh, Crap)

by metatron 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just saw a program about this on Nova.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/secrets-sun.html

Secrets of the Sun

Program Description

It contains 99.9 percent of all the matter in our solar system and sheds hot plasma at nearly a million miles an hour. The temperature at its core is a staggering 27 million degrees Fahrenheit. It convulses, it blazes, it sings. You know it as the sun. Scientists know it as one of the most amazing physics laboratories in the universe. Now, with the help of new spacecraft and Earth-based telescopes, scientists are seeing the sun as they never have before and even recreating what happens at its very center in labs here on Earth. Their work will help us understand aspects of the sun that have puzzled scientists for decades. But more critically, it may help us predict and track solar storms that have the power to zap our power grid, shut down telecommunications, and ground global air travel for days, weeks, or even longer. Such storms have happened before—but never in the modern era of satellite communication. "Secrets of the Sun" reveals a bright new dawn in our understanding of our nearest star—one that might help keep our planet from going dark.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's worse than you all think!

Brown Dwarf Discovered Entering Solar System, Responsible for Changing Weather Patterns

The Weather Space
    Sun, 01 Apr 2012 21:40 CDTPrintBrown Dwarf© The Weather Space

A brown-dwarf has been discovered outside of the Oort Cloud, heading toward the solar system. Scientists are not sure how fast it is moving, but have narrowed down the perihelion to just 0.1 AU from the Sun sometime in December of this year.

"Weather patterns are changing worldwide," said TheWeatherSpace.com Senior Meteorologist Kevin Martin. "From HAARP to Chemtrails, now we are dealing with a force outside of our knowledge. This star's energy seems to be affecting Saturn as well, with consistent lightning storms and aurora."

Scientists at NASA are preparing to make a statement sometime in the next month about the object entering the solar system. The star is no larger than Saturn, and stands at only a magnitude 13.0 at the moment in the constellation Scorpio.

As the star nears the Sun this Fall, large coronal mass ejections will happen, according to NASA. "We are anticipating the real possibility that the magnetic fields on the Sun will interact with the dwarf star, giving numerous sunspot developments to the Sun," said NASA.

NASA will be developing special sun block lotion to protect from UV 10000 rays as the star's influence burns the ozone layer away. If UV 10000 is experienced, immediate human combustion is expected. If inside expect rapid melting of the roof. Set Air Conditioner units to the coldest possible to give an extra 3 seconds of relief.

If UV 10000 rays continue to be experienced, please try to call 911; that is, if the phone still works

There is however another option to make before this hits. Al Qaeda tours is under development by the U.S. Department of Defense. This tour allows you to get close to Al Qaeda, in the mountains of Katar, Afghanistan. Like Justin Bieber, this popular group has been seen and heard from all over the world.

In the tour you can learn how to work an AK-47, take a do-it yourself-course-on blowing yourself up, learn to walk for miles, scream at the top of your lungs while shouting religious chants, and tour the caves of Al Qaeda, which go underground enough to escape the UV 10000 rays.

Limited space is available on these tours, but it may be the only way to escape into the surface as these caves have been well built and preserved for many years.

• okage
    okage

Mine has you all beat! There's a gas in the air all around the world that causes your skin cells to deteriorate when you breath it in. It will eventually kill you after long, unavoidable exposure to it.

It's called OXYGEN!

We're all going to die at one moment or another. Could be alone or en masse. Could be from oxygen or a gamma wave.

No reason to go all panicky about it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Everybody calm down.

I'm fairly far along in my engineering studies and have experience in agriculture. I maintain a small reserve of nonperishable food. My family has rural real estate and a couple of guns.

Again, there's no reason for anyone to panic. I'm going to be fine.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Brown dwarf = Cosmic Mr. Hankey, I hate it when Mr Hankey comes back from the swirling void

• talesin
    talesin

Let me see, do I have enough to meet the bills this month, *and* eat?

A little perspective helps.

t

• metatron
    metatron

Allow me to expand on this: If an extreme solar event occurs, could you survive without electricity for (possibly) months or years?

Now, optimistically, authorities in the US and Britain might get enough warning to shut off power and protect power grids. If otherwise,...

Where do get your water? How long can nuclear power plants go before backup power fails and meltdown occurs? Can you survive without an ATM, credit card, or gasoline? Think about everything that requires electricity including computers .... and law enforcement. Although fiber optic cables would survive, the optical amplifiers might not.

If an asteroid hits, (oh, boy) it could be indistinguishable from a nuclear explosion. An extreme impact could generate an X-ray burst. Such an impact could also injure climate by pushing dust and smoke into the atmosphere for quite a while.

By the way, I don't see anything significant about the Mayan calendar ending. If we can just get thru the next 3 years or so, we'll be fine (I think).

metatron

• ziddina
    ziddina

Of course the human race can survive without electricity - our species did so for nearly 100,000 years BEFORE electricity existed...

I'll just have to walk a few miles to the Platte River for water... Like my ancestors did.

I'll probably lose a LOT of blubber, too.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    A prominent group of psychic remote viewers, formerly associated with the CIA and Defence Intelligence is flatly predicting that 95% of the human race may die.

• JeffT
    JeffT

A brown-dwarf has been discovered outside of the Oort Cloud, heading toward the solar system. Scientists are not sure how fast it is moving, but have narrowed down the perihelion to just 0.1 AU from the Sun sometime in December of this year.

The far edge of the oort cloud is almost a light year away. If it's going to get here by the end of the year, its the fastest moving object in the universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit