Bethel - the house of the canaanite god El

by mP 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

James,

Read the context of my paragraphs and do not concentrate so much on the discusion in general. In hopes this may clearify it for you but if not well,,,,, "nothing gain and nothing lost" as "they" say.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Religious ideas come from the a collective unconscious of the species of mankind and are a projection just as the the color red is a projection of light waves of a certain frequency spectrum. To understand the deeper workings of the psyche we must examine mythology with this in mind. Materialistic rationalism will only leave us with neurosis

Sorry, but I am still left confused.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

James,

No need to fret, just ponder.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Not fretting, frankiespeakin.

But I see no logical reason to couch your comments in riddles.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Riddles lead to ah ha! moments.

• james_woods
    james_woods

ah ha, then.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Ancient Greeks (Ionians), among other Gods, worshipped Iaon (God of the rain?-compare deluge). Iaon=Ionian. It is clear that Ionians got their name from their God Iaon. Iaon = YHWH.

Another Greek word that bears the name of YHWH is iahi (=battle cry). So they were shouting/calling the name of Yah, their God, and threw themselves in the battle.

[BTW: here is the origin of the vowels added to YHWH to form modern day Jehovah and not the b******t story about a Catholic monk...]

Of course Baal along with human sacrifices to him is not absent from ancient Greece either. Even today the name of a town/suburb near Athens bears his name: Pallini. From ancient Greek texts we find that the name of the suburb was then Ballini which is a clear derivative of the plural of Baal: Baalim. The surrounding hills and mountains provided plenty 'high places' to perform human sacrifices-which were a common practice by ancient Greeks to be substituted later by animal (lamb) sacrifices (compare with the story of Abraham Isaac and the ram).

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Leolaia. Someone needs to hook up your mind to a computer.

There must be much more than the average of 1.5 Terabytes most humans have stored.

You're amazing.

Randy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Leo took my comment.

... like I wish I was that smart.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jung talked of projecting the unconscious onto God/Jesus. It was a class exercise in my religion class. We had to very quickly write down three adjectives to describe Jesus after we had completed the New Testament course. My three adjectives had to do with WT theology and my own personal issues. They had nothing at all to do with Jesus in the Bible. The whole class messed up. It was revealing. The only students who accurately described Jesus were Orthodox Jews.

Do you think the translators of the NWT had this info? I suppose that once you study the region and time this is standard stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit