Do You Know C.R.A.P. ?

by Perry 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

yada yada yada, science is not about defending a particular worldview, science is about describing and understanding the universe in a quantitative and usefull manner without special pleading, so you can quit the materialistic/naturalistic strawman you are so keen on erecting and focus on what i actually write.

But expalin this for me; why would you assume that your supernatural cause wouldn't interact with humans?

never did say that. you claim they do, well, good on you, you can make up things and write them with a keyboard! I could get all sciency and wonder if it was actually true (needless to say you have no evidence for anything you have proposed save weird dreams), but i am to tired of reading the word "materialistic" so i wont.

Rather i will just note that I can claim with equal validity "the first cause" (whatever, nevermind we do not know if there was one, etc. etc. etc.) is an "uber-naturalistic" cause (ie. one which need no explanation, not to be confused by your made-up term "supernatural") and only interact with humans by hiding socks and ensuring the marmelade sandwhich land with the wrong side down. oh, and making the universe.

The idea is as silly and as valid as what you propose. it is just a made-up fantasy.

• sir82
    sir82

If I'm following this, Perry's argument goes something like this:

A) Some scientists are corrupt

B) Some scientific viewpoints have changed over time

C) Therefore, anything and everything attributed to "science" is wholly and absolutely unreliable

D) Instead, you should fully accept the word of someone who tells you he is possessed by an other-dimensional being, because that's the only thing that is reliable

Sold! Sign me up.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Perry, my name is Senor Falcon. I've read everything you've posted here and chewed it over for a couple of days. Unlike some of my forthright (yet wildly entertaining) contemporaries on this board, I like to give people a chance and hear their thoughts before offering my perspective.

Now that I have seen your words, I have GREAT news! I think that I may have found a group of people who would best utilize your unique talents. Please consider contacting them via the information below regarding membership. Thank you for your time and best of luck to you, sir.

Westboro Baptist Church‎ 3701 Southwest 12th Street Topeka, 66604 (785) 273-0325 godhatesfags.com

• Borges
    Borges

There is no shortage of ex-elders, behelites, ex-circuit overseers on this forum that continue to spout their hatred for christians

It is always religious people who are using terms like hate when somebody rejects their belief and points out his arguments. But it is love, when they try to convince others, that their way of thinking is the right one.

Hypocrites!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The LIE-ble is peer reviewed--by others who are in on the mass program to enslave the Gentiles. Notice who wrote most of the New Testament, and notice that he was not only a Jew but a prominent Pharisee. One trick they pull, and always have pulled since Jacob, is to change their outward religion so they infiltrate it and then enslave everyone to themselves. Anyone else notice how similar Paul's writings are to the Old Testament? Including denigrating women? Including making celibacy look so virtuous? Including homophobia? Including proscriptions on "idolatry", including reseraching alternative religions? Including going into missionary work, imposing his new religion on the masses? Including not fighting back?

And the peers are also in on this. Most of the other LIE-ble writers shared this common thread: Getting Gentiles suckered into a whopper of a scam, designed to strip them of ability to defend themselves. I noticed it even through the Gospels--the Sermon on the Mount, when taken literally, is designed to get people to quit fighting back, turn the other cheek, sell their belongings to give to the poor, and not build material wealth. And, those who compiled it for the early Cat Lick church (yes, I am denigrating the religion used to plunge the whole world into the First Dark Ages) reviewed it to make sure it would actually enslave the masses.

Did it work? Just ask anyone who lived through 1917 in Russia what they did to that once-fine country. Just ask any Romans what they did to that once-fine country in the 300s CE. Just ask anyone who knows what a dollar bought before 1913, before they infiltrated this once-fine country. Just ask anyone that has seen what happened to Germany during and after World War 1, including the hyperinflation they had to endure (and what Adolf Hitler had to rebuild, through hard work, between 1933 and when the Judeo-Christian system forced him to crack down on them). Just ask anyone that has been in the path of the Inquisition. And, just ask anyone that has been in a monastery, having lived under the Law of St Benedict, and eventually had too much of that rubbish. These people, and just about everyone else, has been victimized by the lies in the LIE-ble.

• designs
    designs

Amazing that Fundamentalist Christians are teaching their kids that God's 'stretching the universe' was his attempt to fake the age of the universe.

And the think JWs are nuts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sir 82, I think your summation of Perry's "reasoning" is correct, of course it can be turned on him

A: Some religions are corrupt

B: Some religious viewpoints have changed over time.

C: Therefore anything and everything attributed to religion is wholly and absolutely unreliable.

or, substitute the word "God" for religion in the same list, works just as well, so perhaps Perry will admit his reasoning is faulty ?

Don't hold your breath waiting.

• designs
    designs

You gottsta be a real Jesus lovin Born Again Christian to unerstan Genesis not like them Christ killer Jews who wrote the darn thing.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I think this video expresses quite well the sentiments of how many people including myself feel about ALL religion including the JW's; when you look at the fruits of religion over all the ages, it's all bad in the long run. The audience survey at the end is very telling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnerPDY87mM

• cantleave
    cantleave

People like Christopher Hitchens (RIP) and Stephen Fry, really do deserve our respect, unlike the purveyors of myth, legend and the resultant divisiveness and hate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit