Do You Know C.R.A.P. ?

by Perry 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Perry before you start spouting bullshit about peer review, lets read about Philip Davis little hoax inb context and look at the conclusions shall we.

http://classic.the-scientist.com/blog/display/557

The idea was to expose open access journals, which are entirely about the acceptance of articles for profit. It would appear that although this two-bit "journal" said they had peer reviewed the article, the reality is they did not.

PLEASE check your facts before writing stupid post like the one above.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Peer review isn't perfect, but it is the best we have.

• designs
    designs

But don't peer review 'visions' being 'carried away in the spirit' or 'angel language'. Boy would Carlos Castaneda like to have a discussion with you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Global warming is undeniably happening, the controversy is as to it's cause. The models that were used to predict the effects of man made carbon emmisions alerted us to that we could have an affect on our climate and that could result in severe consequences.

If the models were wrong, due to insufficient data, that doesn't make them a "hoax", it makes them wrong. As the data is filled in and the models are changed the predictions become more accurate - you know what that is called "science". It ain't perfect but it works and gives you all the technology that you use every day.

• moshe
    moshe

Perry and the Pope love unproveable spritual CRAP-

• bohm
    bohm

For them, anyone who has had a firsthand encounter with God, through a vision, being carried away in the spirit, or spoken in the language of angels is merely mistaken. Yet, these encounters with God constitute first hand testimony.

...as much testimony as the many contradictory claims for many other religions.

The changed lives for the better after a person exchanges his life for the life of Christ is just an accident, pure chance, not reliable.

it is as reliable as the similar claims for other religions.

Yet, their "scientific" sources of knowledge are supposedly beyond reproach, beyond question, totally unable to be understood by mere mortals without a Phd.

yah, its not like anyone would ever do an experiment or something to check out if any of the fancy stuff was actually true. Unlike the bible, which we know you examine critically every day and keep an open mind about.

you would be surpriced how far you would go if you put the least bit of effort into understanding the results science has produced over the last few hundred years. But i guess its to much work when you can just listen to the voices in your head who (strangely!) inform you that you have the right religion, that god think you are special, and preaching bullshit on an internet forum is a totally cool idea.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The door of Genesis got blown off its hinges by William and Carolyn Herschel, circa 1800, with a 40' Telescope and the Calculus developed by Isaac Newton and Gottfried Leibniz.

I'm just trying to be fair and objective there may be no God, things might be real old.

But God may have created the universe with an apparent age.

Adam and Eve were not created as babies.

The universe may have been created with an apparent age.

The way God works is to humble those with big egos.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The way God works is to humble those with big egos.

He is also one hell of a sick mutha sucka

• Perry
    Perry
    Peer review isn't perfect, but it is the best we have.

Positing the imperfection of applied science is easily proved & is a reasonable position based on facts.

However, if the best we have is a system of knowing that has such a fundamental & inherent flaw (as the examples in my OP point out) then certainly that is an authority source that is fundamentally and inherently flawed. All appeals to science, especially theoretical science as a guide is also fundamentally and inherently flawed.

But God may have created the universe with an apparent age.

A hundred years ago this might have been laughed off. However, Einstein proved that space, time, and matter are all related to each other and can be stretched and manipulated like a fabric. Materialists have no answer for the First Cause, because that First Cause would have to act upon and outside of the material universe. Materialists can only push back the problem so far.

17 times God claims to have manipulated or stretched out the heavens. This had little meaning until after Einstein:

And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above. - Ezekiel 1:22

[It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
    - Isaiah 40:22

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
    Isaiah 42:5

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
    Isaiah 44:24

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
    Isaiah 45:12

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: [when] I call unto them, they stand up together.
    Isaiah 48:13

And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where [is] the fury of the oppressor?
    Isaiah 51:13

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
    Jeremiah 10:12

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.
    Jeremiah 51:15

Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
    Job 9:8

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.
    Job 26:7

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, [which is] strong, [and] as a molten looking glass?
    Job 37:18

He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness [was] under his feet.
    Psalms 18:9

Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
    Psalms 104:2

Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
    Psalms 144:5

He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness [was] under his feet.
    2 Samuel 22:10

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
    Zechariah 12:1

It seems interesting to me that many ancient writers used language consistent with the modern understanding of space / time. Surely an intellect and power source capable of creating a single cell or entering into our space / time dimensionality to start the cause and effect process could stretch out the heavens manipulating the space / time fabric to suit his purposes in the process.

• designs
    designs

Study T-Duality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit