Do You Know C.R.A.P. ?

by Perry 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Apparently this manipulation of space/time/matter is not that big of a deal for the Cause of everything and he intends to Re-Do the whole thing someday:

Is. 34 : 4 - And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll:

Hebrews 1 - And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Rev. 6 - And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

• cantleave
  • designs
    designs

Well in about 4 billion years our sun will super-nova so yeah. Even the Pope has had to concede to science but not the Fundi's, not even when the Jewish people tell them its an allegory.

• bohm
    bohm

Materialists have no answer for the First Cause, because that First Cause would have to act upon and outside of the material universe. Materialists can only push back the problem so far.

Prooving god for dummies:

1. Keep asking if science can explain how everything got here without making any assumptions whatsoever. Notice words like "space", "time", "energy", "field", "logic", "symmetry" (ie. all nouns in general; in particular any noun which require one to open a book which is not the bible is suspect!) all imply unjustified assumption.
    2. Conclude that "scientisism materialism physicalism darwinism" has failed.
    3. Give your superior assumption-free explanation for how everything got here:
    4. Assume there is something which just exist.
    5. Assume that something can just cause anything, anytime and for any reason.
    6. That something just made the universe.
    7. Bingo!
    8. Talk about how jesus, angels and holy spirit like to talk to you and go to 1.

It seems interesting to me that many ancient writers used language consistent with the modern understanding of space / time.

...and just one post ago Perry told us all how he didnt have the faintest idea what all those hard words mean since he didnt have a phd. Apparently perry is a quick learner!

• designs
    designs

I miss Stephen's Holi-Roller Videos.....

• designs
    designs

Talk about hard to explain phenomena- How do you square Perry, Bachmann, Cain, and Santorum all getting creamed in the primaries and all claiming they were running because Jesus told them to and they would win the POTUS.

• Perry
    Perry

And what about this guy? He's a Phd and a fellow of the Royal Society

"Recently Dr Rahman published an eye-popping article entitled HAARP (Dawn, Oct 17). The article claims that a physics research project, based in Alaska, may have been used by the US to trigger earthquakes globally, and could also have caused the catastrophic floods in Pakistan. "

Surely his research facility located in Islamabad would not be influenced by his Islamic funders, would it? I mean, I'm sure his findings were peer reviewed before publishing. If it's true, shouldn't we, out of sheer concern for humanity, get involved with the overthrow of the United States, to prevent such wholesale murder?

Perfectly logical conclusions can be drawn when based on falsehood with devastating consequences. The Japanese never would have surrendered in WWII because they were flat out lied to. They were told that Americans were cannibals and would eat them and their children if they surrendered. They believed this source of authority. Fighting to the last man makes sense in that case... but was totally false and unnecessary.

• bohm
    bohm

haha, we should discount the scientific method because some guy in islamabad didnt use the scientific method and wrote some crap about HARP!

• Perry
    Perry

bohn,

its the selective application of that method that causes the problem. Also, this method cannot be applied to another dimensionality from which the First Cause would have needed to originate.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I don't see any hatred of Christians (Examples?) just some critical questions that deserve some real answers. I like how James Woods expressed it, you come to this board to recover from being a JW, and your told that your understanding of the bible is crap based on someone who never was a JW feelings about how it should be interpreted. The arrogance of it is appalling. I'm actually finding out that I now have much more respect for the JW's interpretations than most of the interpretations I've heard here.

Every time I make a point about Genesis (or any other scripture) I'm told that it's really man who did this or that or it's not to be taken literally just so it makes God look better. Sorry but I know enough to know that those explanations do not hold water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit