Do You Know C.R.A.P. ?

by Perry 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is no indication that his beliefs were published in a peer reviewed scientific paper. He is a muslim and will hold muslim beliefs, which do not have any credence in the scientific community.

His work in biochemistry will be subject to peer review, his beliefs won't.

Now stop googling for evidence to support your poorly thought out and incoherent arguments.

• designs
    designs

Do a little research on Japan's expansionism preceding and during WWII, they were one of the most brutal armies around. An Elder in my old KH was a Marine in the Pacific along with my Dad, he would have to take the intestines and genitals out of the mouths of dead soldiers and get them ready for burial. They had been at war in Asia for 20 years before we got involved. Emperor and country and the samuri code. But I'm sure facts do little whenyou're trying to prop up the Bible.

• sir82
    sir82
    this method cannot be applied to another dimensionality from which the First Cause would have needed to originate.

Oh rly?

What, pray tell, are the methods that are allowable in this "other dimensionality"?

• Perry
    Perry

PROF. DR. ATTA-UR-RAHMAN, FRS

Nishan-e-Imtiaz, Hilal-i-lmtiaz, Sitara-i-lmtiaz, Tamgha-i-lmtiaz

COORDINATOR GENERAL

OIC Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH)

and

PROFESSOR

International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences
    (H. E. J. Research Institute of Chemistry and
    Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research)
    University of Karachi, Karachi

COMSTECH is the Organisation of Islamic Countries’ highest scientific body. Here's his bio .... Doesn't get much higher than this guy.

Prof. Rahman was elected as Fellow of Royal Society (London) in July 2006 thereby becoming one of the 4 scientists from the Muslim world to have ever won this honour and the only scientist to be so recognised for researches carried out within a Islamic country. He has been conferred honorary doctorate degrees by many universities including the degree of Doctor of Science (Sc.D.) by the Cambridge University (UK) (1987) and an Honorary degree of Doctor of Education by Coventry University UK in November 2007. He was elected Honorary Life Fellow of Kings College, Cambridge University, UK in 2007. Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman was conferred the TWAS Prize for Institution Building in Durban, South Africa in October 2009 in recognition of his contributions for bringing about revolutionary changes in the higher education sector in Pakistan.He was awarded the Engro Excellence Award in Science & Technology 2011 with a prize of Rs. 5 million (US $ 59,000) for meritorious contributions. He then proceeded to use the money in addition to an equal amount from his private finances to start a scholarship for deserving students.

He is President of Network of Academies of Sciences of Islamic Countries (NASIC) and the Vice-President (Central & South Asia) of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS) Council, and Foreign Fellow of Korean Academy of Sciences. Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman was the President of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences (2003–06), and was again elected President of Pakistan Academy of Sciences in January 2011.

He was the Federal Minister for Science and Technology (14 March 2000 – 20 November 2002), Federal Minister of Education (2002) and Chairman of the Higher Education Commission with the status of a Federal Minister from 2002-2008. The Austrian government also honoured him with its highest civil award ("Das Große Goldene Ehrenzeichen am Bande", 2007) in recognition of his eminent contributions.

Prof. Atta-ur-Rahman is presently the Coordinator General of COMSTECH, an OIC Ministerial Committee comprising the 57 Ministers of Science & Technology from 57 OIC member countries. He is also the Patron of International Centre of Chemical and Biological Sciences (which comprises a number of institutes, including the Hussain Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center of Molecular Medicine and Drug Development) at Karachi University

• bohm
    bohm

bohn,

no, Bohm. Its not a difficult name, im sure you can manage with some practice.

its the selective application of that method that causes the problem.

Presumably, by "selective" you mean "applied to my favorite ideas". With "problem" you mean "does not lead to the conclusion i want".

reality is such a bitch...

Also, this method cannot be applied to another dimensionality from which the First Cause would have needed to originate.

See, this is where you are being a hypocrit. If i claimed there was some non-magic-man cause for the big bang and you just had to accept it was not subject to logical inquery you would not accept that because it would be blindingly obvious even to a farm animal i was engaging in special pleading.

but here we are: "you shouldnt question my explanation like you would any other explanation because it come from another dimension [btw, did you get that from the teenage mutant ninja turtles?]"

• Perry
    Perry

Bohn,

So, are you saying that the universe had a natural cause? How could this first cause have appeared without a prior effect? Materialism stops dead in its tracks right there. If you say it is part of the Material universe, then why does it function without any prior cause or effects? This posit violates the very system you subscribe to and makes it Super-Natural.... which is my position. Glad you agree.

On the otherhand, If the first cause impacted our material universe from outside this dimensionality, then why do you use derogatory words and condescending phrases like:

reality is such a bitch... And,
    but here we are: "you shouldnt question my explanation like you would any other explanation because it come from another dimension [btw, did you get that from the teenage mutant ninja turtles?]"
  • Perry
    Perry

Cantleave says

Now stop googling for evidence to support your poorly thought out and incoherent arguments.

There is little to no argument presented here other than the facts relating to the unreliability of so-called science in the four examples I presented. My point is that bogus science abounds and there is little the average person can do about it.

• designs
    designs

Dinosaurs were planted by Satan..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Perry -

1. I never doubted the Profs qualifications as a biochemist. I said his crazy beliefs are not peer reviewed his work as scientist is.

2. You have not stated any FACTS relating to so called unreliability of good science.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    There is little to no argument presented here other than the facts relating to the unreliability of so-called science in the four examples I presented. My point is that bogus science abounds and there is little the average person can do about it.

You're typing a message and making it available for thousands of readers around the world, Perry, and you're doing it on a fcking computer. A product of science. Perhaps you're qualified to berate computer science a bit while you're up there screaming about sciences that threaten your mythical world view?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit