If you don't know what's wrong it can't be fixed

by N.drew 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Great question let's figure it out scientifically without wasting half our time worrying about what's really wrong - how to make the spirit in the sky happy. If he hasn't given us an update in 2,000 years he is probably not ever going to.

Robots operating within normal parameters makes their engineer happy. Can a machine be life?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Do we have a directive, tootired2care? If so what is it? If not, why?

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

sabastious - I'm humble enough to admit that I don't know, are you?

I've observed enough in my life to realize that the bible and the God in it is a sick hypocritical twisted monster that is responsible for mass confusion and death in this world, does not follow thorough on his promises, and does not deserve another moment of my time and energy. So why would I choose to follow his directive when all the evidence to date suggests that there is no proof he exists or is still interested in mans affairs in this spec of an anthill in the cosmos? Wouldn't it be better to be free even if it's for but a moment than to grovel at Gods feet for all eternity?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    sabastious - I'm humble enough to admit that I don't know, are you?

To me it's not a question of humility it's a question of whether or not God exists. It's very important for me to find the answers as to why God hasn't shown himself in an easy to understand manner.

So why would I choose to follow his directive when all the evidence to date suggests that there is no proof he exists or is still interested in mans affairs in this spec of the cosmos?

The same reason why a robot would follow the directive from the engineer: because it's best for the robot. The robot doesn't venture out on it's own, it sticks to it's programming. Why does size matter? Haven't you read Horton Hears a Who?

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - False analogy. We are not pre-programmed robots that follow a set path. We have proven this time and time again. We can re-program ourselves to be whatever we want to be if we have the resolve, and remove the fear. If God does exist, I imagine that he would respect us more for using our collective intelligence wisely to reach the stars rather than groveling at his feet like stupid neanderthals.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - False analogy. We are not pre-programmed robots that follow a set path.

I beg to differ. What other sentient life do you know about? Given our current data this is the only path to sentience. We ARE pre-programmed by the laws of the universe are we not? Is there an existence without physics?

-Sab

• Razziel
    Razziel

Non sequitur. Complete lack of understanding.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

http://www.livescience.com/2483-mysterious-phoenix-lights-ufo-hoax.html

thirty seconds on google makes quick work of the pheonix lights. If you want to see the supernatural, it's all around you, but skepticism makes all the ghosts and goblins disappear into thin air.

Plus, just a nit picky thing. Aliens aren't supernatural. If they exist, they would just be using natural science. It's like the joke goes, alternative medicine that works is called medicine, and confirmed instances of the supernatural is called natural.

Edit:The above link is for the 2008 pheonix lights, the 1997 one was explained shortly there after as being a set of flares dropped by military aircraft doing excercises, but you know the UFO crowd. It's government lies.

Here is a snippet from the wikipedia page. What's amazing is that this took all of two minutes to investigate all of these sightings and see if there was an alternative explanation other than "Supernatural!! Unexplainable!"

the second event was the set of nine lights appearing to "hover" over the city of Phoenix at around 10 pm. The second event has been more thoroughly covered by the media, due in part to the numerous video images taken of the lights. This was also observed by numerous people who may have thought they were seeing the same lights as those reported earlier.

The U.S. Air Force explained the second event as slow-falling, long-burning LUU-2B/B illumination flares dropped by a flight of four A-10 Warthog aircraft on a training exercise at the Barry Goldwater Range at Luke Air Force Base. According to this explanation, the flares would have been visible in Phoenix and appeared to hover due to rising heat from the burning flares creating a "balloon" effect on their parachutes, which slowed the descent. [ 19 ] The lights then appeared to wink out as they fell behind the Sierra Estrella, a mountain range to the southwest of Phoenix.

A Maryland Air National Guard pilot, Lt. Col. Ed Jones, responding to a March 2007 media query, confirmed that he had flown one of the aircraft in the formation that dropped flares on the night in question. [ 19 ] The squadron to which he belonged was in fact at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona on a training exercise at the time and flew training sorties to the Barry Goldwater Range on the night in question, according to the Maryland Air National Guard. A history of the Maryland Air National Guard published in 2000 asserted that the squadron, the 104th Fighter Squadron, was responsible for the incident. [ 20 ] The first reports that members of the Maryland Air National Guard were responsible for the incident were published in The Arizona Republic newspaper in July 1997. [ 21 ]

Military flares [ 22 ] [ 23 ] such as these can be seen from hundreds of miles given ideal environmental conditions. Later comparisons with known military flare drops were reported on local television stations, showing similarities between the known military flare drops and the Phoenix Lights. [ 4 ] [ 5 ] An analysis of the luminosity of LUU-2B/B illumination flares, the type which would have been in use by A-10 aircraft at the time, determined that the luminosity of such flares at a range of approximately 50–70 miles would fall well within the range of the lights viewed from Phoenix. [ 17 ]

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

And another thing, hasn't anybody read Hume on miracles? I encourage it.

• sabastious
    sabastious

JonathanH, the Governer of Arizona confirmed the lights in the video I posted, but only after his term. He said "I could just feel they were otherworldly." If such an easy explanation of weather baloon's existed and was confirmed why wouldn't he just say so? Why was the Governer not aware of the explanation? While on his watch he declared it a hoax, but after his term it's "otherworldly." It seems to me that your LiveScience website is the hoax.

Plus, just a nit picky thing. Aliens aren't supernatural. If they exist, they would just be using natural science. It's like the joke goes, alternative medicine that works is called medicine, and confirmed instances of the supernatural is called natural.

You have no idea what alien life is capable of or even are made of. You are not in a position to call aliens "not supernatural" until you get yourself an alien and explain it naturally. What if the alien is blinking in and out of existence? What if it floats for no known reason?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit