Anyone going to the KH Sunday to comment on the domestic violence paragraph?

by serenitynow! 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Didnt a few of our fellow forum members send this to various domestic violence charities here in the Uk, does anyone know what happened as a result?

• cedars
    cedars

I sent it to Refuge and got a very candid response by email. However, when I asked for a written response that I could publish, I got a vague and toothless statement that contradicted the Society's stance on domestic abuse rather than condemning it.

I find it very disheartening that charities appear more concerned with covering their backs and not getting embroiled in verbal battles with other "charities" than actually denouncing damaging practices and thereby potentially protecting victims.

Cedars

• stillin
    stillin

I have several times allowed my wife to pound on me in one of her frenzies. I figure that my head will eventually hurt her hand, and it does! So I get the last laugh. Not only is the "spiritually weak" one keeping his cool, but the fanatic "faithful" one has not! But she has also raised a knife at me and this will not fly in my house. I'm still alive only because I keep my hunting rifles under lock and key...she would have killed me by now. And it seems to me that my self-control is interpreted as smugness, which doesn't help at all, really.

True love in a divided household. I may be a sick puppy, but I will care for her and try to understand her until it becomes more than I can handle.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Stillin, are you serious?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

record these meetings wherever possible and consolidate real comments into videos for YouTube

This is a great idea!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They can print anything the want to print, and 99% will accept it as Gospel. The Bible is filled with far worse.

Members are captive to the concept that WT is God's Organization. Even if the Faithful and Discreet Slave prints something they don't agree with, the must go along with it. (a) Where else could they go? (b) Jesus own disciples weren't perfect and made mistakes.

Facts are rendered helpless when confronted with the power of belief.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I may be a sick puppy, but I will care for her and try to understand her until it becomes more than I can handle.

Tell the truth man..........the sex is probably still awesome.

Think About It

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

An elderly, sick sister rang me this afternoon. She keeps trying to encourage me to go back to the KH. (I've told her I am not going to go back but she thinks I will one day, and because she is frail and easily gets upset, and I'm fond of her, I don't challenge her too much.)

Anyway, she wanted to tell me about the "lovely Watchtower" from this morning's meeting. There was no hint that she'd even noticed the abuse.

They just sit there and think how wonderful that the GB tell them just what they need to know. It's all so lovely.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If anyone knows a Sister Selma, send her this youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAskaiO2adI

Black eyes, I don't need 'em
    Blue tears, gimme freedom
    Positively never goin' back
    I won't live where things are so out of whack
    No more rollin' with the punches
    No more usin' or abusin'

I'd rather die standing
    Than live on my knees
    Begging please-no more

Black eyes-I don't need 'em
    Blue tears-gimme freedom
    Black eyes-all behind me
    Blue tears'll never find me now

Definitley found my self esteem
    Finally-I'm forever free to dream
    No more cryin' in the corner
    No excuses-no more bruises

I'd rather die standing
    Than live on my knees
    Begging please-no more

Blue tears-gimme freedom
    Black eyes-all behind me

I'd rather die standing
    Than live on my knees, begging please...

Blue tears-gimme freedom
    Black eyes-all behind me

It's all behind me, they'll never find me now

Find your self-esteem and be forever free to dream

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit