Anyone going to the KH Sunday to comment on the domestic violence paragraph?

by serenitynow! 48 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics
    Biometrics said:
    "I think I'll go to the meeting this w/e and answer up:-

I thought about it, and now think if I did go and answer up (assuming they picked my answer), most of the R&F JWs would think "Wow brother biometrics is coming back to the truth.", and I can imagine them saying "It's really good to see you back at the meetings, and we really appreciate your watchtower comments today".

In short most the JWs simply wouldn't get it.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I mentioned the article to my wife

Me: "have you studied today's watchtower? There's an article that would be good for you"

Her: "What's the article about?"

Me: "It's about being a submissive wife in order to bring me back to the truth. It has an example of a sister who was hit by her husband and the watchtower suggested that she wasn't showing enought love to her husband."

Her: "That's rubbish, it wouldn't say that"

Me: "Here have a read right here"

Her: "That's total nonsense. I'd call the police if you ever did that"

Me: "But that's not the christian thing to do"

Her: "Neither is hitting your wife"

I think it made her think about things.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, elderlite should be the logical one to do this. He is staying inside to help everyone see the true light about the evil WT org.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I mentioned to my daughter it was this Sunday this heinous article was being discussed and thought out loud to her had any-one gone to the press about it.

Her reaction? I'm NOT going to the KH to get you a copy!

• AdaMakawee
  • moshe
    moshe

JWs would get the door slammed in there face, if they tried to defend this WT poppycock to a householder. Gotta love that private edition of the WT.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

moshe, can you try to comment at the watchtower study this sunday?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

A man who hits his wife is not going to stop at once. The wife will always be at great risk.

A couple of weeks ago the UK was shocked with this terrible story of poor Tina Nash. The live interviews were heartbreaking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/13/man-admits-gouging-eyes-partner

This poor woman, whose partner gouged her eyes leaving her permanently blind, had done exactly as the WT article advises. She had tried to be more loving. She thought that the reason he kept hitting her was because she wasn't trying hard enough.

The thought by a wife that if only she tried harder, her husband's behaviour would improve, is one familiar to any wife who has been even in a remotely similar situation. It's classic.

For the Watchtower to commit this fundamental error is both dangerous and disgraceful. How wonderful it would be if all over the world this fact were to be brought out in Sunday meeting after Sunday meeting.

• designs
    designs

I pioneered with a sister whose husband, also a JW, beat her, this was early 1970's. He got removed but she didn't leave him. One morning I'll never forget I stopped by their home to pick her up and she opened the door both eyes were blackened.

I hope that government agencies on domestic violence are taking note of religions that still give some level of acceptance to this kind of criminal behaviour. Shinning examples of loyalty. Just like the blood issue where a couple can be convinced that the death of a child over life is a good thing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Could you get a make-up artist to make it look like you are a battered wife and say "I am now with my husband for 12 years. I have lost vision in one eye from the punches and it was only this article that gave me the nerve to go out in public like this with my bruises today. I am hoping I can hang on until he will come around to 'the truth.' If it took Sister Selma's husband 17 years, I don't know that I will survive another 5 years, but the article really encourages me to hold out. By the way, what if the article is wrong?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit