Is worship deserved?

by goddidit 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I actually think worship for me is about embodiment. Holding the soul of Christ in you as if he were you and you were him. And living like that.

Me too. I agree

The Watchtower Society blames the people when they get disappointed that the "predictions" they make don't come true.

I have observed on JWN that people blame God when they get disappointed that God is not who they want God to be.

Who knows how to SAVE the human race? God does. If more people trust in God more good will be accomplished.

Knowing God begins with worship. How can you know someone if you do not submit to knowing? To worship someone means to pay attention to the finer attributes about him. To see the finer things about others is to learn and to emulate them. That's the goal.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I agree with your first statement - why would this all powerful being require our puny worship....to make him feel good? It doesn't make logical sense.

Raphael Nadal - the tennis god, however - I worship him.......(for obvious reasons)

• N.drew
    N.drew
    why would this all powerful being require our puny worship....to make him feel good?

It is to make US feel good. If we feel good we will be good. If we are good we will know how to aid another in need. If we aid another it will pay forward. If it pays forward it will grow. If it grows big and strong enough there will be no more room for hurtfullness. Then God would have accomplished God's will on Earth. Then what? I don't know, it's never been done. :(

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

N.Drew - I feel more good about my fellow human and myself since I stopped believing in god! I already do aid others, not because of a god but from a genuine interest and love for my fellow man, but that love stems from me, not some god of the mass imagination.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I feel more good about my fellow human and myself since I stopped believing in god!

But I think it is the god of religion that you believed in, is that right? So now you are conscious that you have removed yourself from falsehoods. Of course you feel better! Of course you feel more alive!

When a person leaves something bad like a cult anything feels better.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I believe I am my own god, I hold my life, my everything in my hands - I do not believe in any other "external god" if you will.

• craigulous
    craigulous

I do not agree with any omniscient, omnipotent being needing or demanding worship, or the comparisions to that are made to human terms such as a jealous spouse or loving parent. That has just lowered God to the level of humans. God is above human emotions, and if God was to have these sorts of emotions he/she/it, could not logically be omniscient, omnipotent, or any other omni for that matter. Now do I chose to love God, yes, because I recognize the awe inspiring qualities of ITS creation, yes, but God does not need it, nor desire it, because both need and desire are human concepts. As far as the rest of the qualities attributed to God in the OT, that God is not worthy of my worship, only my contempt. I do not believe one can logically consider the God of the OT and the God of the NT the same God.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I think there are plenty of concepts that should be appreciated but the typical god concept doesn't deserve our appreciation or worship.

But maybe those who resist critical thinking in lieu of enjoying shared delusions deserve to spend their days in self-sacrifice and worship of their god concept.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"Even if a God as described in the Bible does exist, he is not fit for worship due to his low moral standards."

• craigulous
    craigulous

Sweet baby cheezits, I think we are on the same page on this. And who doesn't love Cheezits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit