Is worship deserved?

by goddidit 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

2 Corinthians 10:6

According to my understanding of the love of The Christ is means every disobedience that wars against obedience.

"to avenge all disobedience when might have fullfilled your obedience"

http://biblos.com/2_corinthians/10-6.htm

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

"That is tyranny defined!"

Amen to that!

If you love somebody, if you love someone.....set them free, free free, set them free!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Does anyone really worship God because he deserves it? To me it seems like they only do it because they are afraid of the consequences, or they have something to gain by doing so (e.g. prospect of everlasting life).

Even those that remain loyal to God...they have the joy of going through all of this again after the 1000 years. I guess that speaks to the fact that God really doesn't believe those that are loyal to him the first time through. He really deserves worship doesn't he?

Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Ma′gog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea. - Rev 20:7-8

• N.drew
    N.drew

tootired2care you sound like you are arguing against what the Watchtower Society teaches about what Revelation means. They are wrong, everybody knows. So your right, they are wrong.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

LOL - No Drew, I quoted texts from the bible, these can't simply be explained away as WTS interpretation problems. If any Christian denomination were to ignore these and the many other texts that support this they would be guilty of complete and abject dishonesty. I can quote more if you like.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Do not interpretations belong to God?

I do not know what 1000 years means. I do not know what Satan is. The four corners of the Earth I understand to mean all time that humans in the image of God have lived on Earth.

• tec
    tec

Does anyone really worship God because he deserves it? To me it seems like they only do it because they are afraid of the consequences, or they have something to gain by doing so (e.g. prospect of everlasting life).
    Keeping in mind the various definitions of worship on this thread already... then my answer is yes. I do nothing out of fear of consequences (other than fear of disapointing someone I love); nor out of expectation of reward. Rather, out of love for God, shown to me through Christ.

Even those that remain loyal to God...they have the joy of going through all of this again after the 1000 years. I guess that speaks to the fact that God really doesn't believe those that are loyal to him the first time through. He really deserves worship doesn't he?
    No, that is a WT explanation.

Satan goes out and misleads the nations to come against the camp that God loves (those would be the ones invited already into the Kingdom - the brothers of Christ, and all the sheep). Those within that 'camp' do not get tested again. Those outside the camp, outside the kingdom, are the ones who Satan misleads into coming against and attack those who belong to Christ and God.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I do nothing out of fear of consequences (other than fear of disapointing someone I love); nor out of expectation of reward. Rather, out of love for God, shown to me through Christ.

(Hypothetical) So if you knew for an absolute certianty that there was no afterlife to look forward to; no heavenly or earthly reward; could you honesty say that you would toil your whole life in sacrifice, carrying your torture stake of Christian life (a hard life of self denial according to scripture) as Jesus commanded for a result of non-existence? Nobody does anything unless they are going to get something in return...I think their was Seinfeld episode about that wasn't there?

Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 He that finds his soul will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it.

No, that is a WT explanation.
    Those within that 'camp' do not get tested again.

WTS explanation or not...the text is right there in the bible plain as day, what evidence do you have to support that their is a separate camp that won't be affected by Satan's release?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Do not interpretations belong to God?

Why would God have to interpret his own word? I thought that was our job to live in confusion, be divided and have war over what he really meant for mellenia. Maybe it's time for a call from the high command to straighten this mess out. You think? It just seems to me if this is the best communication the all powerful being of the universe can come up with, it calls into question a lot.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The worship of God is warranted in my opinion. Desired even. Doesn't almost everyone want to to loved?

I do not know if God knows that worship is deserved.

Deserved as it is found in the bible means worthy.

I am sure there is the freedom to believe if God is worthy or not.

To believe God is worthy means a person will seek HIM. Life, knowledge and wisdom reside with God.

http://concordances.org/greek/axioi_514.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit